Reaction score
yea I sure feel bad for all those still stuck out there on the roads

UGH

been there, not nice !

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
To all of you suffering the awful arctic blast, well, I'm having my first beer of the weekend in your honor.

CHEERS!

Stay warm and safe!!
:celebrate Cheers - I'm on number 2. (Cider not beer)

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
People stuck everywhere in NC

they can't drive snow at all ---nightmare roads

20 min. work drive for Tony turned into 1 1/2 hrs. to get home

Cars couldn't climb the "tiny" hills on the roads. Rescue helping direct traffic all over the place, cars in ditches, etc. etc. etc.

and only to get worse for NC

I hope NC gets out their 1 snow plow soon..LOL
lol... we're in a lot better shape than NC... but then this is a weekly occurance from October til the end of April.

There's 6 inches down now, which for me means I have to drive home at 50 miles an hour instead of 65 because the highway isn't plowed... we don't have the ice though, so it's just the nice fluffy snow :)

Now I'm working on my first beer of the weekend and warming my feet up by the woodstove... perfect...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea that beer sounds wonderful! :)

after driving in bad weather by the time you get home ya got road rage...lol...a beer hits the spot

yea when I lived in PA....we had feet of snow at a time but they had plows, ash trucks, etc. etc. and alot of them....kept the roads clear and traffic could move.

I don't know what county has the 1 plow right now in NC?? Hmm...gotta track that plow..haha

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know that there are superstitions about polar bear running wild on polish streets and I have to tell you, that today I feel like they could show up any second now... I'll make some photos later... it is just crazy, the snow keeps on.. and on. I am gonna go for some forest hiking tomorrow, those will be some awesome photos too.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
rty007 said:
I know that there are superstitions about polar bear running wild on polish streets and I have to tell you, that today I feel like they could show up any second now... I'll make some photos later... it is just crazy, the snow keeps on.. and on. I am gonna go for some forest hiking tomorrow, those will be some awesome photos too.
I would love to see photos of your forest hike! :D

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nasty weather here in the Foothills of the Smokies. Snow yesterday, turned to rain last night and now the water is under the layer of snow and it's a slush mess. At least it's not freezing, but that's coming tonight.
Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! (and that's not a 3-stooges laugh)!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Uggghh... not fun KC. I hate that mix. Luckily we just got dry powdery snow this far north. I was laughing when I heard on the radio that the Vandy team left early yesterday and was practicing in Rupp so there wouldn't be a game delay today! Go CATS!!!

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
We got lucky in these parts and only got six inches of powder, all the ice went just south of me in Tennessee where I have to go for beers, I went down there a few days earlier to stock up.

This is my third winter here in Kentucky since leaving Wisconsin and is the most snow I've seen yet, the dogs who have never seen it before were a bit apprehensive at first but then played in it. i have to go start a fire now as it is 22F outside and 44F inside and hard to type wearing mittens.

Latest posts