The Iceman Cometh

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
xpc said:
big brown horse said:
If The Iceman Cometh then I'm screwed, :/ I don't have pit bulls or guns. :(
As you said in your more than generous shelter and food sharing post I can bring the pit bulls, but judging from you growing up in Wisconsin in the 70's then another 35 years in Texas and the last couple of years in Washington state - my guess is I wouldn't make it past your hot flash attacks.
:lol: Hey, you are good with numbers! (I was born in the year of the dog, but no hot flashes yet. :p )
The year of the dog is one of these - 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, I believe on a good day I am 1970 and on the bad ones 1958, though with the dreaded 50th coming up next week will give the real number away - I'm a rat (which explains the cheese fetish).

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
By the way do you think pit-bulls would fry up tasty?
LOL

Yes :D

But yours looks cute so I promise not to eat him.
bull pit seal
bull_diesel_seal.jpg

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
xpc said:
The town folk never really think about that stuff being in a bubble of false security and high taxes.
We think about it.. ;) then jump in our 4 wheel drive SUV, drive 6 blocks to the grocery, stock up on soymilk and bread and organic baked non trans fat sweet potatoe chips, peel out of the parking lot to get back home to safety before the ice comes, almost run over a little old lady walking her dog as we turn into the drive, and breath a sigh of relief that we are so prepared... :th

My neighbors make me giggle :gig :D
That's a smart thing to do because during our last ice storm all stores and gas stations were without power and not opened for a week. I had to drive into southern Tennessee for generator gas but had a full tank in both my vehicles with each having a 400 mile range - most didn't.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Well, I'd rather have an ice storm than a hot flash, er, I mean a heat wave. After hurricane Ike, we lost power for 11 days. It was hotter than dog b@%#$ and all the stores were closed for a week or more. To add insult to injury, it rained cats and dogs right after the hurricane and flooded us into our neighborhood for the first 3 days.

Then FEMA (bless their souls) took all of the ice and trucked it to check points far away from my home in inner city Houston. Yeah, good times. :rolleyes:

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hot flashes are a good thing, when it's cold out. Kinda like cheap heat :gig and of course the cold flashes are good in the summer if ya don't have air conditioning. The problems come when you're flashing in the wrong season. :rant

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Hot flashes are a good thing, when it's cold out. Kinda like cheap heat :gig and of course the cold flashes are good in the summer if ya don't have air conditioning. The problems come when you're flashing in the wrong season. :rant
That might sound all fine and dandy for you ladies but all year around my ex had cold flashes - aka the witches T..

All kidding aside I sure am glad when I get moody my friends just attribute it to a hangover.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
One thing is for certain XPC..........those sausages on your grill are not going to be stolen by any "bad guys" :lol: :lol:

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
One thing is for certain XPC..........those sausages on your grill are not going to be stolen by any "bad guys" :lol: :lol:
Ok, maybe it's too early and I didn't sleep enough, but pit-bull-guarded sausages have me snickering like a fool...

Ignore me guys, I'm just slap-happy.