The Iceman Cometh

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Hope the ice storm isn't as bad as those pics!
Don't send it up here either. I've got 5" of snow which is plenty for fun stuff.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We've had freezing rain and sleet for the last 4 hours here, but it is supposed to switch over to all snow. The forecast is for 8 - 13 inches total over the next 36 hours. I hope they are right about the change over to snow, but wrong about the totals.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I am in North Central Ohio, and we are are currently at 4 degrees F. I don't even want to know what the wind chill is. :th

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wind chill of 0??? :th

Missing the PNW yet OFG? We are running around in our cut-offs @ 50 degrees during the day. :plbb

Don't worry, I paid my dues as a kid in Wisconsin. One winter we walked out of the 2nd story balcony to jump and play in the snow.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Good Ole Wisconsin! :D

I remember hearing mom say to dad "Go shovel off the roof quick before the darn thing caves in!" on more than one occasion.

Can't say I really miss that! :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Missing the PNW yet OFG? We are running around in our cut-offs @ 50 degrees during the day
yes... yes i am.. i was outside for about an hour. it sucks.

dang. its gonna be a long day.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Wind chill of 0??? :th

Missing the PNW yet OFG? We are running around in our cut-offs @ 50 degrees during the day. :plbb
Shall I continue to rub it in that yesterday I was in jeans and a teeshirt and planted 116 iris nubs?

But don't worry...I went to High School in Rochester NY, so I remember what 157 inches of snow was...

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Nothing really to report, has been lightly snowing for only an hour. 30 miles south of here near Paris, Tennessee they are getting hit with ice and sleet. To play it safe I drove to the store for some broasted chicken and fish, waffle fries, onion rings, hush puppies, cole slaw, and a chocolate dream cake.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Shall I continue to rub it in that yesterday I was in jeans and a teeshirt and planted 116 iris nubs?
Most people live and die within fifty miles of where they were born. Family ties and such keep them from moving too far away, I waited until my boy was 18 before moving 500 miles from all my peoples.

I lived a few years in different states but always moved back north for safety and seclusion. I had to get out of San Diego because of the heat and holier than thou attitudes the long haired hippy freaks had - I had to move or end up in jail for murder. Florida was even worst for the heat and the lackadaisical shuffling was maddening. I only lasted 5 years there then back north,

So there are reasons why people chose to live where they are, when others make fun of northerners on the temperatures I just say with those addled eggs come scrambled brains. Most hot climate countries are considered third world and need the support of the cool weather areas to support them.