The Iceman Cometh

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have ice/snow mix junk coming friday night and into saturday.
I think we will end up cancelling farmer market day if it is icy.

I just like to get all laundry and dishes etc. done before "any possible" storm.

Have all my preps ready. Got heat, got food, got water, got all water troughs filled for animals etc. etc.

I am prepped and ready to go.....now watch it not do anything..haha (which would be fine)

but yes this storm is big and is going to cause problems for a bunch! Those ready will wait out the storm the easiest....I am ready! :)

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
We have ice/snow mix junk coming friday night and into saturday. I think we will end up cancelling farmer market day if it is icy.

I just like to get all laundry and dishes etc. done before "any possible" storm. Have all my preps ready. Got heat, got food, got water, got all water troughs filled for animals etc. etc.

I am prepped and ready to go.....now watch it not do anything..haha (which would be fine) but yes this storm is big and is going to cause problems for a bunch! Those ready will wait out the storm the easiest....I am ready!
Tonight it will be here for us, when done I will send east to you guys for some sledding and fun.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I heard we are to get a few inches...but only snow! Whew! Not looking forward to haveing ice storm blackouts. Of course....we are ready...wood-check, food- check, water-check, kerosene lamps and fuel-check...now I need a generator, anyone wanna take a check?? LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
xpc said:
FarmerChick said:
We have ice/snow mix junk coming friday night and into saturday. I think we will end up cancelling farmer market day if it is icy.

I just like to get all laundry and dishes etc. done before "any possible" storm. Have all my preps ready. Got heat, got food, got water, got all water troughs filled for animals etc. etc.

I am prepped and ready to go.....now watch it not do anything..haha (which would be fine) but yes this storm is big and is going to cause problems for a bunch! Those ready will wait out the storm the easiest....I am ready!
Tonight it will be here for us, when done I will send east to you guys for some sledding and fun.
hey let us know what you get tonight and tomorrow morning......we aren't due to hit til late Fri or so. should be interesting. so many trees shaky from the drought and very very wet ground. any heavy ice will take a big toll on trees coming down this time. ugh

no--don't be sending it OK...tell it to move anyway but my way..HAHA

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
Ok, maybe it's too early and I didn't sleep enough, but pit-bull-guarded sausages have me snickering like a fool...

Ignore me guys, I'm just slap-happy.
That made me giggle too......nice looking dog though. I love the way he is lickin' his lips!!

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
A few pictures from last years ice storm:

the backyard was crispy
1.jpg

the chicken run
2.jpg

the chickens didn't seem to mind the ice
3.jpg

I had the camera in hand when this one decided to break
4.jpg

Ice ice twig baby
5.jpg

the truck got hit by frozen branches, and was crushed a few months later by dead fall 18" diameter 2 ton chunks
6.jpg

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:gig That dog is such a ham!!

That is a clean, sharp lookin Ranger, is it totaled? Hope not.

And nothing can stop a RIR!!
That big red would eat the food off of Diesel's muzzle (he loved it) and then sneak in the dog door and sit at my feet while at the computer.