The Journey of Finding the Perfect Dairy Calf

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
1419_sam_2571.jpg

Here is my stuff from Lehmans! All except the strainer! What is a good alternative to a stainless steel milk bucket? The one we would need is 85$ :ep :th

Would a seamless plastic, food grade bucket work??

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used a plastic bucket for awhile, but the lids were too hard to clean. The milk bucket I use I bought at TSC in the pet aisle. :lol: It's stainless steel with no rivets on the inside. I think it coat me around $12. The only problem with it is it doesn't have a lid. I found on old pot lid that fits down inside of it that works ok. But the barn I'm using at the moment is over a quarter mile from my house, you might not need a lid if you are walking to the barn and back

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am going to check at TSC too! We looked at the one down South, but all they had over in the 'bovine' section was galvinized. We did find one online for $72, but realized it wouldn't fit under our little girl! :lol: Miniatures do come with their own set of unique problems! :gig

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The one I bought is 9 quarts, but there was one smaller and one bigger. I tried to find a picture for you on their website, but couldn't find one like mine.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
mandieg4 said:
The one I bought is 9 quarts, but there was one smaller and one bigger. I tried to find a picture for you on their website, but couldn't find one like mine.
I need a 3 or 4 gallon bucket

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
FarmerJamie said:
Do you mean a bucket to milk into directly?
Yes
Just my opinion, my opinion only, I would get a smaller bucket to milk directly into and use a bigger bucket to dump into periodically during the session. First the smaller bucket is easier to work with, second, and more importantly, if towards the end of the milking session Gladys decides she needs to push you around a little bit :) , most of your milk will be safely in the bigger bucket.

Just my opinion, based on my personal experiences growing up.