the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
someone i know went through a few years of headaches where they thought it was all sorts of other things before they finally figured out it was a benign brain tumor that was blocking the fluids in his brain from circulating and draining properly. the surgery from that did take care of the headaches, but it created some side effects and issues that he's had to cope with since then (complicated by open heart surgery and then Covid).

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All of the women in my family have migraines, so I’m not actually concerned about it being anything like that, but it did make me have a moment of… eek! 😂 I’m good though. Although I do have a migraine coming on so it’s debatable how “good”, lol

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i wanted to try a different background today while the great UFO in the sky was shining. :) focus not the best, but the colors are at least better than what i tried earlier. :)

DSC_20211220_145133-0500_1208_Mix_thm.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
musing upon the solstice on TEG and i posted these links to pictures for the fun of it (i needed a break where i was off my feet for a bit):

my friend Zeedman wrote:

"Nature white-washing the brown canvas of the previous season, in preparation for the painting of a new masterpiece. The cold bright dream before the warm promise of Spring."

the blanket of snow theme really does work for me too as i do like my binkies. :) except there's often not that much snow sticking through the entire winter any more. we're getting a bit of snow today but it will be gone again soon enough.

what i want it to look like for the next 4 months:

pc140016_Snowy_Spiral_thm.jpg

100_4511_Blue_Ice_thm.jpg

what it usually looks like (plus showing how that cedar tree used to look when it was chewed up before it got tall enough to put on some topgrowth):

100_2745_Ye_Olde_Cedar_Tree_thm.jpg

and for fun since i was nosing around looking for a picture and came across that chewed up cedar tree this picture shows the two large cedar trees on either side of the driveway as they were back in June of 2013 (they're bigger now :) ). they were planted the same time as the cedar tree above which has been repeatedly chewed by deer.

100_7937_W_Central_2013_thm.jpg

Last edited: