the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So do you know what kind of pressure tank you have? If one with a bladder, that may be ruptured and cause for tank replacement....otherwise, here's something to review & maybe resolve the problem, checking tank & water lines

we had a complete blowout of the pipe under the pressure tank. it had been leaking for quite some time and gradually getting worse until it blew out. the hole in the pipe was over an inch around.

by the time i got the breaker to the well pump turned off there was an area in the crawl space with six inches of water on it. i went down there and dumped the water off into the pea gravel so the sump pump could drain that too. by the next morning when the plumber came out to see what happened it was all dry enough they could work down there.

Adjust your tank's pressure switch:
Test your water pressure with a pressure gauge. If the reading is below 40 psi, then adjust the pressure tank switch to raise your water pressure. Locate the pressure switch on the pipe that connects your well to your storage tank and modify the pressure accordingly.Jan 15, 2021
https://www.freshwatersystems.com › ...
What Causes Low Water Pressure and How to Improve

there were other issues involved too, not having to do with the pressure switch (after they replaced the pressure tank and pressure switch).

i really don't wish to rehash this again, i've just spent three days with this and ready to talk about gardening and other things. :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Problem solved
Screenshot_20230527-124117_Chrome.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
today continues the 12th Annual Running of the Worms (taking the buckets outside to use in the gardens for fertilizer). the name cracks me up, worms running? :)

hopefully i can get the onions finished today. need to water first.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
planted some lima beans this morning and then watered everything and then got into more planting to get the tomatoes in, but it got too hot out and i retreated for a brunch break and rested and cooled off for a little while and then went back out and got more tomatoes planted and then it was enough. time to come in.

i made the tomato planting more difficult for myself by also wanting to move dirt to make the garden more level, but also i'm planting some of the tomatoes off further to the sides where the old pathways were located so those areas are not cultivated at all and haven't been prepared in any way, so i'm digging bigger holes and moving dirt from other spots in the garden that have been cultivated so the tomato plants will have some room to spread some roots and with the worm compost they'll get plenty of food.

it is more of a matter of giving them enough space to have enough water available in those holes. how far they manage to get roots out from those holes will be up to them. i've done a similar version of this before and it has gone ok as long as they get enough water when it gets hot outside (which it will be all the next week but the plants will not be very big yet and have no fruits so it isn't as critical yet).

tomorrrow morning i start a few hours earlier and should be able to finish the tomato planting and perhaps get some of the peppers done. they will go faster, i don't have to move dirt or reshape anything and the garden where they are going is regularly cultivated enough that it will all be much easier. :) easier is nicer... :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tomatoes and peppers are planted so now i get to move on to melons, squash and beans. :)

the afternoons are too hot out there now so all my heavy gardening has to be done in the morning until around noon or however long i can take it. watering and whatever else can happen later. still no rains in the forecast.

waiting on a load of laundry to finish so i can hop in the shower and then i'll call to see who wants to come back and get more water pressure for us. hopefully the well guy will do it, at least i know he's competent.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
some melon and squash seeds got planted today and i finished up using all the worm compost buckets so now i need to restart those when i get a chance.

too hot by noonish.

Thursday i hope to finish up most of the squash and plantings including areas outside the fences. possibly sacrificial plantings for the deer to raid, but i'd rather have them planted than left bare.

Latest posts