the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My electric bill didn't drop much but, stayed fairly level, so ok. Now the AC is more off than on...only occasional use...soon none aaaand...then heat. 🤷. Just pray and pay. 🤣

Mom has mostly been cold lately so we've had the heat on most mornings for a few minutes. i hope we don't need the AC at all any more. rains last night and a chance for later today but otherwise cool and cloudy today and tomorrow. we get back up to 79-80F later this week and i'm ok with all of that as it is much better than 88-92F. no rains in the forecast otherwise so i can get some gardens cleaned up and ready for winter.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
propane delivery was yesterday, they didn't really fill it as much as i expected so the bill is less, it won't matter for later in the season until we use up the fixed price number of gallons. the bill is also less because the price is down compared to last year... all fine with me. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yesterday was garden club meeting. i took a few batches of shelled out beans to sort and if i got those done i also took some pods with me of a harder bean to shell so i could start on those.

nobody else showed up so i did get the two batches of beans sorted and found plenty of interesting things to maybe someday grow out again to see what they'll do. not like i need yet more bean projects but as long as i'm here and have the space i may as well do something fun with it. :)

i have plenty of bags of the bulk beans to shell out and that is a good task when the weather is icky or in the later season when i can't get outside but it is also nice to get it done and get some space in my room back if i can. always trade-offs. i also have to be careful about how much sitting i'm doing so i don't tick off my lower back.

squash is mostly picked. groundhog was really messing them up. lil booger (that's actually not very little)...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
short on time for today and tomorrow so gotta get the wormies checked on and fed and then get out to pick some beans, family stuff this evening and tomorrow which needs prep time so won't be here much at all for a few days. :) i'm sure y'all can hold down the fort as we say... :) :) :)