The Many Uses of Breastmilk

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
LOL Quail,
Now at least you know what to do with tht extra milk instead of wasting it in the shower:>) There were a couple of times during my nursing years I would have done anything to get rid of the extra!

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No, The guy I knew didn't drink it by the glass. YUCK!!
I rarely drank milk until I broke my ankle. I shattered both bones, almost had a compound break. I slipped on gravel and several drs. said that my break was the kind they usually see from serious car accidents. My bones were lacking strength from calcium. So now I try to drink at least two glasses a day.

I am going to send the first post to my sister. One of her DIL's is pregnant right now. I think that she really would try some of those recipes!!

Monica

There have been some funny posts!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
As a current breastfeeding mom, this was the first time I braved my way into this thread...lol

I was trying to avoid it. Unfortunately, I mistakenly read the first post to my husband, now he is insisting he has a sore throat :gig
ROTFLMAO :D

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea this is one of those freaky, icky, yet fascinating threads....woohoo

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Sadly, I think we scared the OP away by our reactions-she hasn't posted since this first post. I hope she decides to come back some day. :(

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
maybe we have North
but sometimes people show and leave never to return??????

hmm...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My husband "accidently" got a shot of this one time.....immediately withdrew, gagging, into the other room! Serves him right to bother me so soon after having a baby!!! ;)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
My husband "accidently" got a shot of this one time.....immediately withdrew, gagging, into the other room! Serves him right to bother me so soon after having a baby!!! ;)
Bet he didn't want much to so with 'those' for a long time after that huh LOL!

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL! I can't believe this thread is still going! Like the energizer bunny... keeps going and going and going...

I think people are so "grossed out" by the whole human milk thing is b/c our society has made breasts a sexual body part, and only sees them as that.

That being said, I have tasted my milk when I was lactating. I tasted everything my kids ate, to see if it was gross or not! Would I drink it? No! But I bet it'd be good in coffee! (Alimentum formula was NASTY, tastes like barf!)

DH tasted it, on accident! LOL! He learned the hard way, w/ our first, that when we're intimate, the faucets turn on (my milk would 'let down') and just so happened it started pouring out while he was right there! Funny reaction! Would've liked to have caught that on video! LOL!

One of my DD's drank it from a cup until she was around 3. I would pump for extra milk for my youngest at the time (6 mos or so) and she would sneak it out of the fridge if I didn't give her some, so I just started giving her some in a cup. She didn't like the taste of cows milk, afterall she was raised on my milk. It was hard eventually weaning her into using cows milk, I had to start mixing the two together little bits at a time.

Latest posts