Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Sweet corn, early variety.
All of it? Hehe, there's going to a week in a few months where you are VERY busy when it all comes in togther. :p
I KNOW!! :D Aint it great! I WANT to be busy!
You're gonna have corn coming out your EARS!!!!:lol:

HAH, I kill myself!. :gig

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
All of it? Hehe, there's going to a week in a few months where you are VERY busy when it all comes in togther. :p

:tongue I gots a lot of family to feed. I plan on selling some too. When I harvest that corn, I will turn right around and plant field corn in it's place for the animals for feed this winter ;)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:

:tongue I gots a lot of family to feed. I plan on selling some too. When I harvest that corn, I will turn right around and plant field corn in it's place for the animals for feed this winter ;)
don't forgot to dry some of the sweet corn. Easy to store and oh, so good in the winter.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
If all of it comes up and produces well I will definately need to figure out a lot of creative ways to preserve it for sure. According to my calculated estimate...I'm looking at a possibility of 2000+ ears of corn :ep :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
If all of it comes up and produces well I will definately need to figure out a lot of creative ways to preserve it for sure. According to my calculated estimate...I'm looking at a possibility of 2000+ ears of corn :ep :lol:
How close did you plant? I did a rough calc by hand, and came up with only about half that.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
How close did you plant? I did a rough calc by hand, and came up with only about half that.
Double the crop. I counted the field corn for the animals in that figure too.

I planted every 5 inches, not going to thin it out, just adding a BUNCH of manure to it to fertilize.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Double the crop. I counted the field corn for the animals in that figure too.

I planted every 5 inches, not going to thin it out, just adding a BUNCH of manure to it to fertilize.
:barnie I thought you were just talking about the sweet corn :lol: :gig

Don't forget a manure tea at 8 inches and again when knee high

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's the plan bro ;) Lots of manure tea going into my garden this year.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
That's the plan bro ;) Lots of manure tea going into my garden this year.
Just keepin' ya on the straight and narrow!!!! :p

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm going to have to look into getting my manure supply established. Does cow manure have to be aged first? I don't mind, it just means that I build a seperate compost pile for it. And horse manure is sold on the sides of roads here, for quite cheap.

I planted a couple small areas in th e garden box with lettuce and radish, and harvested my pumpkins the other day. Well, they're not pumpkins as Americans think of pumpkins, but they're squash of some sort. :p They are what I would typically call a "winter squash", with a hard skin. The bed they are in I think I will turn into a no dig type bed, as an experiment.

I'm thinking I'm going to need a second plot at the community garden. :p I want to raise the three sisters, but don't have enough room to manage it AND grow all the other thigns I want to grow as well, for next year. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.