THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Fresh home grown corn :drool wish I lived near you Wanna. I have absolutely NO room for corn :hit

So I thought I would post a little update on my little garden :)

I have a little baby green tomato :ya

I am growing everything in pots and earth boxes. So far so good.....everything is growing and thriving. We are having a little heat spell so the plants are loving it!

We just 'harvested' our first two bright red strawberries. DD8 had them with her dinner the other night. They are her berries so she was quite proud :thumbsup

I added in some Brandywines since my last update, as well as 4 squash. Maybe I already posted that, but I decided that I really had no where to put them.....and they needed a home, so I ordered 3 more EBs with 20% off and free shipping :celebrate

I should get those newbies planted mid week.

How is everyone's weather?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Dace said:
How is everyone's weather?
Cold, wet, and raining. I was hoping to get lettuce and beets planted this weekend. Not gonna happen....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Tis chilly here too. I'm gonna go out and plant a roll of quarters and see what happens. Who's with me?! :lol:

I'm A Gardener :)

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Tis chilly here too. I'm gonna go out and plant a roll of quarters and see what happens. Who's with me?! :lol:
Maybe it'll grow a money tree!!!! LOL I'm in!

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I picked some gorgeous radishes today. Pity nobody in our home likes them! Our landlords do though, so we saved out a bundle for them.

We actually planted them for the animals, because they grow fast. Just a pity to give the really pretty ones to the goats!

I also got an eggplant and a tray of okra starts. Need to get those out today. Couldn't afford anything else, other than some more packets of seeds, to reseed the areas where we are harvesting, and a couple of areas that did not get planted, or where nothing came up.

Squash plants are growing like crazy, and so are the potatoes. We'll be mulching around the spuds this coming week.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
:ya

I COUNTED EIGHT ASPARAGUS SPEARS POPPING THEIR LITTLE TOPS OUT OF THE SOIL THIS AFTERNOON!!!! This was just on one of the plants!!!!!

:weee :weee

Status
Not open for further replies.