The Pagan Circle

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

Made me think of this thread. LOL

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea said:
fill it with sharp objects- needles, pins, fishhooks, old razor blades, broken knife blades- whatever you have that will fit through the opening. It doesn't have to be full to the top. When you have a good amount of pins, add a sprig of fresh rosemary and fill the bottle with red wine or red wine vinegar. In the old days, they were often filled with blood or urine to further trick the evil spirits. I accidentally pricked my finger when I did my first one, so I squeezed out what I could and added it to the wine I was using; blood has a lot of strong energy in it. While you are filling the bottle, visualize the bottle snagging evil thoughts and such from the air with the sharp points and drowning them in the wine; the rosemary sends them back to where they originated from.
This reminds me so much of Native American practices. (as does the burning of sage which many people here in my office do occasionally when they feel bad spirits have come in)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
native ameican practices (shamanism) are one of the many branches that fall under the umbrella term that is paganism :) earth mother, sky father, ancestors and spirits :)

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Went and bought my supply of winter bird seed. So this weekend the kids are going to start on our pinecone feeders. I also plan to scrub feeders and baths. Brought in my plants that wont winter. Repotted and fed.
Going to make an alter over the fireplace. gathered firelogs and sticks for the fireplace. Putting gma and my brother's pics with it, since they have passed.

I have decided to cleanse the house and put fresh salt down. I put salt in the sills of the doors and windows. I also have witch balls in the windows. I have been under a lot of horrible stress for the last year. We are all healing here. I have many outside relatives and exes who have selfish and hurtful intentions. Because of this, I have wanted to do this for a while. I do appreciate this link, it has given my good ideas and reminders.

Thanks marianne, I will be preparing bottles, I love the idea. For me, I direct my worry and anger into a cup full of wine, or I carve the name of the one who wants to hurt me or mine. The wine or wax is then poured into a mortar with healing herbs and lit on fire. The remainder is poured into a hole in the farthest corner of the property and buried.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Thank you for starting this thread! I didn't know if we'd get stoned or what.... :D

I'm not Wiccan, but still Pagan. For those who don't understand the difference, you could compare it to Baptist and Methodist. Still Christian, but a little different, right?

I'm a solitaire, so I usually light candles, give thanks, honor those who passed before me and are guiding me now...when I listen. I used to have an area with representations on our other house. I LOVED to meditate and listen, such visions, emotions, learning. I haven't done one in this house (still don't have a space to call my own), but the wind has been calling me lately...

Blessings!
<<<peeks into thread------> Kewl ..I noticed the trend also. Bible Study, wiccan, good choice..pagan. I am merely a pagan by default. I have studied "Religion As History"..amongst my cultural Anthropology Study hobby.......and have come to that conclusion. Also see that I have Buddhist tendencies. I do not practice anything...per se..but my Freedom of Religion and Speech.

Mind if I follow along on this thread? :thumbsup

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Speaking of churches we were raised in...I was co-raised in a Unity Church....not affiliated with the UU church...as well as being raised Southern Baptist. I feel the Unity church gave me a much more open minded philosophy on life.

Here is a short version...compliments of wikipedia

"Unity, known informally as Unity Church, is a religious movement within the wider New Thought movement and is best known to many through its Daily Word devotional publication. It describes itself as a "positive, practical Christianity" which "teach[es] the effective daily application of the principles of Truth taught and exemplified by Jesus Christ" and promotes "a way of life that leads to health, prosperity, happiness, and peace of mind."[1]
Unity operates several programs, including a prayer program called Silent Unity, the Unity Society of Practical Christianity, Unity School of Christianity, Unity Institute, the Office of Prayer Research, the Association of Unity Churches, and Unity House, the church's publishing arm. The home of Unity is at Unity Village, Missouri."

"Unity describes itself as a worldwide Christian organization which teaches a positive approach to life, seeking to accept the good in all people and events, and as beginning as a healing ministry and healing has been its main emphasis for over 100 years.[3] It teaches that all people can improve the quality of their lives through thought.[4]
Unity describes itself as having no particular creed, no set dogma, and no required ritual.[5] It maintains that there is good in every approach to God and in every religion that is filling someone's needs.[6] Its position holds that one should not focus on past sins but on the potential good in all.[7]
Unity emphasizes spiritual healing, prosperity and practical Christianity in its teachings. Illness is considered to be curable by spiritual means, but Unity does not reject or resist medical treatments.[2] It is an inclusive faith that welcomes diversity of belief. Unity is accepting of the beliefs of others"

I was born and raised in Kansas City MO, where Unity Church got its start.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
For us the youngest daughter of the youngest daughter seemed to have the touch. With the oldest daughter of the same mother tends to be cruel or dark. We all have a bit of a sense, just the youngest use it for good and the oldest tend to use it for wrong. If that makes sense.

My mom's oldest sister was a bitter cruel woman who abused and mistreated and used everyone, much like my oldest sister and my oldest daughter.

I tend to be a earthy type as was gma, mom and my youngest girl. Mom says it was true of gmas sisters and so on. It was rarely admitted to pass to the men but they didnt question the views.
I hadn't heard of this..but it seems to run in my mothers family. I am the youngest daughter of the one daughter....whose mother was the oldest daughter. My oldest sister is cruel and dark. She and I do not communicate, on any level. I am the youngest....daughter

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
moxies_chickennuggets said:
hillfarm said:
For us the youngest daughter of the youngest daughter seemed to have the touch. With the oldest daughter of the same mother tends to be cruel or dark. We all have a bit of a sense, just the youngest use it for good and the oldest tend to use it for wrong. If that makes sense.

My mom's oldest sister was a bitter cruel woman who abused and mistreated and used everyone, much like my oldest sister and my oldest daughter.

I tend to be a earthy type as was gma, mom and my youngest girl. Mom says it was true of gmas sisters and so on. It was rarely admitted to pass to the men but they didnt question the views.
I hadn't heard of this..but it seems to run in my mothers family. I am the youngest daughter of the one daughter....whose mother was the oldest daughter. My oldest sister is cruel and dark. She and I do not communicate, on any level. I am the youngest....daughter
This SO reminds me of Joseph Campbell's writings about 'archetypes' Think about all the fairy tales you've ever read- it's almost always the youngest daughter who is the kind, loving or good child and the older one that is cruel or evil.

So- I'm the ONLY daughter, but oldest CHILD, of a youngest daughter....hmmm I don't think I'm cruel?

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, it would stand to reason all is "Not written in stone"...... I don't know the full history of my family...but the women of my mothers side.....do not seem to get along very well.

My dads side....he had all brothers. His mom had a brother. I really don't know about my grandfathers siblings. Family dynamics are soooo interesting.