THIS is what I FEAR!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the encourageing words everyone. I have to look at the positive side. Altho he is laid off...well, we will get more work done before winter! ;) Also, we are pretty sure the business he worked for, will be closeing the doors soon. At least by being laid off now...he will be a leg up on the job hunting, before they close the doors, and everyone else is job hunting. :D
We have our garden foods...and our animals....so I dont think we will go hungry...might just have to eat in the dark more often! LOL OR, by candlelight! :cool:

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Up-the-Creek said:
Denise I know what you are saying about worrying about who or what is going to try to invade you if TSHTF. I have a few neighbors who like to comment on if something does happen, they are coming to my house.
Here's what I tell them, and I HAVE said this to a couple people.

I'm taking reservations for SHTF Day. You can "buy in" now for $10,000 or $1,000 face value in pre "65" silver coins. You may renew your reservation every year for $5,000 or $50 in silver. In the event there is no SHTF Day, there are no refunds.

I got a blank stare and a couple of half-hearted chuckles but they got the point. :D
Good one! I will keep that in mind next time the neighbors say anything.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
.so I dont think we will go hungry...might just have to eat in the dark more often! LOL OR, by candlelight! :cool:
Might be romantic and a good time for your marriage

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mackay said:
justusnak said:
.so I dont think we will go hungry...might just have to eat in the dark more often! LOL OR, by candlelight! :cool:
Might be romantic and a good time for your marriage
Even after almost 29 yrs together...I agree...sometimes every marriage needs a "boost" ;)