This may be a touchy subject, but ..... Marijuana

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whether or not to legalize marijuana is just one of those political hot potatoes that most will never agree 100% on. When you think about such issues you need to look back in history on how America came into being. What our founding fathers ment this great country of ours to be. The concept, new for the time, was rather simple. And that was every man (revised now to include women and children) were free to do as they please, so long as it did not harm others. Our federal government wasn't the behemoth that it has turned into today.

And that is where in the problem of legalizing not only marijuana, but there's a whole slew of issues and topics we can talk about where the government now has the firm belief that it must protect us from ourselves. Besides making marijuana illegal under false pretenses, here are some other examples of stupid bans.

Lawn darts. A simple game my cousins and I use to play back in the 1970's. A few idiots threw the darts at one another, and there as a few injuries, now there's a complete ban on making lawn darts. Only place you can buy them now are at garage sales.

Gun laws. There's certain sector of our government that thinks crimnals will pay attention to every new law they dream up that control or ban guns.

Sassafrass. The prime ingredient in root beer. It sapposedly caused cancer. Later it was found out it did not, yet there's still a ban on it's useage to making root beer.

Absinthe.. Banned because an alkaloid in it has simlar qualities as thc in marijuna. Yet, ironicall wormwood the main ingredient in absinthe is in the sage family. The common sage we use to make pork sasuage and season our thanksgiving stufffing with has 3x as much of the alkaloid then wormwood does, yet it's not banned.

Given enough time I could give hundreds of examples where our government is attempting to gain control of our daily lives from cradle to grave. The whole point here is we must now examine closely those that we elect into office. From your local alderman all the way up to president. We must send them a message that enough is enough and demand our rights our founding fathers wanted us to have in the first place. What I do inside my home, is nobody's buisness but mine, period!

"And that's all I have to say about that..." Forrest Gump

"It's not a matter of left vs right, it's a matter of what's right vs what's wrong" Glenn Beck

Yes, if you haven't guessed already, I'm a member of my local Tea Party

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Its disgusting that ANYONE could put pot in the same group as meth/heroin/cocaine/etc. Have you ever lived with a true drug addict? I have. Pot was the LEAST of any worry, and I still do not consider it a threat or danger.

Growing up my father did cocaine lines in front of me, I was left alone to skip down a MAIN road in town, at age 4/5 to go into whatever store, or whoevers house I wanted. I don't know how I'm still alive, very scarred, but alive.

I lived with meth and heroin addicts, I can't begin to tell anyone the terror that griped me for months. I slept with a loaded gun and dagger next to me, I had sherriffs personal cell phones. The day I was able to move, was the happiest day of my life. That was 3 months ago, and I have almost forgotten most of what went on, and that amazing for someone who never forgets anything.

I had the predisposition to be an addict, I've been down there and thankfully had an equally strong predisposition for being a very strong person, and got myself out.

Anyone who is familiar with the teachings of AA know that you CANNOT control anyone. Those that try and control, ARE the enablers, which is a disgustingly vicious circle to try and get out of.

If you are lazy, you are lazy. No one but yourself can control or change that. End of story.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
problem is what "easy" drug do people start with and
what "easy" drugs lead them to worse drugs
no drugs are safe
seemingly non threatening drugs can lead ya right to the path of the "worse" drugs

it is never black and white

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
But that doesn't mean that pot is at the same level as coke or meth. The latter mentioned do horrible things to you, meth makes you pick holes in your face, you yeel/scream and talk to yourself for days on end. You get paranoid, you start beliving your delusional psychotic thoughts. Its a HORRIBLE drug, along with others.

Pot itself doesn't give you any of that, unless its laced or mixed with salvia.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:gig Back in the day, pot made me laugh and laugh and laugh - I could NOT get away with smoking it at all - heck even eating it and I could NOT stop laughing. :gig

For me personally it was never adictive, I struggled for years to quit smoking cigarettes, as far as pot goes, I just stopped, not for any particular reason I was just done with it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree it isn't the same level

but everyone starts somewhere with something

some go forward onto a drug life, some just stay with pot and laugh and eat lol

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I agree it isn't the same level

but everyone starts somewhere with something

some go forward onto a drug life, some just stay with pot and laugh and eat lol
I was laughing too much to eat (thank goodness) :gig

I laugh alot anyway, I mean I get the giggles at the worst times - having pot in my system made it 100 times worse, it was nuts. :gig
(makes me giggle just thinking about it)

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well cal me an old timer and a person living in the past, but for me pot should not be legalized, decriminalized yes, but not legalized. I mean if you wanna grow some weed next to your tomatoes and cucumbers go right ahead and do it, smoke some weed AT HOME go ahead and do it, I am not stopping you. For me home is my sanctuary, and as long as you don't get into my life with your feet you can fly on a broomstick a inch under your ceiling with a black cat on your shoulder.. I don't give a damn. For that example in spain where they have a huge problem with drugs of all sorts worse then weed so they actually encourage growing up to 4 or 5 plants I think and smoking it AT HOME but as soon as you smoke a joint somewhere in public you get a fine and not a low one for that matter.

Marshmallow Man

Power Conserver
Reaction score
100% legal. Grown on regulated farms to control content and quality. Taxed by at least 50%. People are going to get it any way. Kids are going to get it weather it's legal or not. Making it legal may make it more difficult for kids because it would wipe out the black market. Save a lot of lives on the border states. Stop wasting all the money on the war against drugs.

It is getting closer to becoming legal on a state by state basis. However it will never be legal on a federal level. So it depends on who is POTUS as to weather the feds waste their money trying to enforce the federal law or if they spend the money on more worthwhile causes.

The cotton industry and the alcohol industry have a very strong lobby against it. Polls show that a majority of people are for legalization but I don't see it happening. Usually the people against issues are more likely to vote than the people for it. That's why what actually comes to be doesn't always represent the will of the people.