This may be a touchy subject, but ..... Marijuana

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The best was my dd...she came in high one evening and she was cold so she walked over to the fireplace that was NOT on, and actually started saying how it was so cozy in front of the fire...until I pointed out to her that it hadn't been lit all day :gig We still laugh about that one

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Wifezilla, you are a research machine.

I leave here to actually get some work done and then drive home only to find 2 pages to catch up on.

I think if a pot head came by to eat my chocolate he/she would be the one terrified. I am afraid I would totally ruin that buzz.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
My dear friend smokes it for her scleroderma. She is a prominent Houston architect and an upstanding citizen too.

ETA: forgot an "r" in scleroderma.
I can say that lots of architects smoke pot. Haven't seen any sky scrappers falling down lately, nor hospitals.... not to shabby for all those dead brain cells and laziness some here say pot smokers have.

In fact some of the largest and most prestigious architectual firms in the world have quite a few pot smokers on their team....

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Photographers, camera operators, theater set designers.......

Every time some news organization goes wacky on a politician about whether or not they smoked pot, I think "lets test your crew first" :gig

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Mackay said:
big brown horse said:
My dear friend smokes it for her scleroderma. She is a prominent Houston architect and an upstanding citizen too.

ETA: forgot an "r" in scleroderma.
I can say that lots of architects smoke pot. Haven't seen any sky scrappers falling down lately, nor hospitals.... not to shabby for all those dead brain cells and laziness some here say pot smokers have.

In fact some of the largest and most prestigious architectual firms in the world have quite a few pot smokers on their team....
I can honestly say that 80% of my professional friends and aquaintances smoke pot, and I mean very well salaried people. I also know a few who smoke pot who might be considered 'lowlives'. Another thing i know is this...even if those 'lowlife' ones didn't smoke pot, I think they probably would have found themselves a worse habit or excuse for being who they are, because quite simply that is just who they are, with or without the pot.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I too have known many a pothead, smoked it on occasion myself. Out of ALL the smokers/users I've known & know now, 1 had a violent reaction to it, it induced rage in him and he was a very mild-mannered person. 2 were made extremely nauseous, but that might have been the act of smoking, not the THC. 1 showed a physical allergic reaction (red whelps). None of them use it now.

If I had to guess how many productive members of society that live in my town smoke pot, it would be in the 60-70% range. Most of them just keep it hush-hush.

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You know you can brew your own beer and wine and such.The government says we can each make a lot for ourselves. Yet we all know how destructive it can be for some people. Just look at drunk driving fatalities.Does that mean everyone who drinks is an alcoholic?No.

Same goes for Marijuana. We should be able to grow a very small amount for home use (like no more than 5 plants).Are there going to be people who can use it and not have a problem? Yes. Will some people have problems? Yes.

You don't blame the tool you blame the mechanic.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Drugs (legal and illegal) aren't worthless the people who abuse them are.
The fact of the matter is some people are just a waste of space.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hey it grows out of the ground just like a vegetable or fruit

catnip is not illegal for cats