Ticks!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've heard that mint works to repel ticks. Don't know if it actually works or not.
I am planning to try that on my cat. I noticed she became very itchy these past few days. I tended to her, and found she has some. small ticks.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am so sick of picking ticks off everyone! I also don't want to use heavy duty chemicals, particularly on my daughter. Does anyone have a natural tick repellent that actually works?? And is safe for young children? Thanks!
I need a straight up solution for these ticks. I highly believe that it started from my pet cat. Then it went to my bed and they to my daughters. I need help... A permanent help.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am so sick of picking ticks off everyone! I also don't want to use heavy duty chemicals, particularly on my daughter. Does anyone have a natural tick repellent that actually works?? And is safe for young children? Thanks!
I've already took care of mine that's for sure, surprisingly the solution provided is a dash of apple cider vinegar and baking soda. they can't stand it. finally... a permanent solution

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've already took care of mine that's for sure, surprisingly the solution provided is a dash of apple cider vinegar and baking soda. they can't stand it. finally... a permanent solution

try just plain baking soda solution and plain apple cider vinegar to see if only one of them will work ok.

when you mix baking soda and apple cider vinegar you can be getting different results depending upon how much of each you use. without a formula or ratio or some kinds of measurements people won't know what you are doing.

since baking soda is a basic ingredient (pH above 7.0) it will react with any acidic ingredient (pH below 7.0). in specific when you mix baking soda with apple cider vinegar you can get a solution of slightly carbonated water with some sodium acetate (plus what other trace ingredients are in the ACV, baking soda and water). depending upon if you add too much of one or the other you can end up with either a basic solution or an acidic one.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've heard that mint works to repel ticks. Don't know if it actually works or not.
I've heard that mint really is one of the best solutions, I think it is really good, Apple cider vinegar is a good fix too... But mint will be better coz it doesn't smell as bad.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
peppermint is supposedly better than regular mint, it has a stronger smell. Works to repel yellow jackets too!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I suck it up, both chemically and financially, and buy Bravecto for the dogs. It keeps fleas and ticks off the dogs for 3 months.
Wow, That seems so nice, 3 months is a very long time to be tick free. I will surely get that too for my cat and my dog.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We used it for our dogs one year - that was the year that he had an auto-immune reaction to something and almost went blind.
Probably not related at all, but I will not risk it ever again. They will get their flea/tick drops every month instead.

Latest posts