NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our friend got it from a tick at my house🙄

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our friend got it from a tick at my house🙄

I'm out in the woods a lot in the summer, It's not uncommon pick up a couple daily. When we lived in NC. I did have a tick bite that swelled up big, but never bullseyed. Our family doctor, who was also a good friend of ours, seen it when she was over visiting. She required blood tests, but they came back negative, thankfully. Lyme is not something to play around with!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our friend flew his drone at our house one day and it crash landed in the woods. DH, that friend and 2 other guys went looking for it. They came back 15 minutes later and started pulling ticks... they stopped counting at 100.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our friend flew his drone at our house one day and it crash landed in the woods. DH, that friend and 2 other guys went looking for it. They came back 15 minutes later and started pulling ticks... they stopped counting at 100.

Cutters orange top is the best I've found but you will still get a few even with it on. But without it yeah I can images 100's
cutter-bug-spray-hg-96280-2-64_1000.jpg

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've heard that mint works to repel ticks. Don't know if it actually works or not.
Ive tried that too. it actually worked. just after a couple of days. the ticks returned. im really becoming helpless.. Im looking for a permanent solution.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have a trio of guineas. I call them the Looney Goonies. With every step, they are pecking the ground. There are no ticks in the yard, side pasture and front pasture. I want to get more!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Avon makes an organic one...can't remember what it's called but it's DEET free and that's all I can use.
I'm looking for a DIY solution, Those we buy from the markets have a short effect like you won't buy it anymore if it's completely cured right? so in actually looking for a more permanent solution.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i just want to put up enough fences so that the deer are kept out. the past 23+yrs i've only had a few ticks on me and i know to look when i go into certain areas of the yard where the deer can roam. i've never been bit that i know of, but one was starting to burrow in my arm when i felt it and pulled it out (before it broke through the skin).

i've found less than 10 ticks total in all those years. most of them last year. we have had a lot of increase in deer traffic the past few years and i'm trying to get more fences put up but they won't completely enclose the area.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am so sick of picking ticks off everyone! I also don't want to use heavy duty chemicals, particularly on my daughter. Does anyone have a natural tick repellent that actually works?? And is safe for young children? Thanks!
Took care of my daughters tick issues. I used vinegar... I'm surprised that it worked.. now I need to find a way to get rid of my dogs ticks permanently..

Latest posts