Time for tea! The herbal teas, homegrown and wildcrafted....

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Me too! I love chai tea, peppermint, and spearmint. I planted peppermint and spearmint this year and it is doing well but I have no clue how to use it. :hu

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I add several sprigs of chocolate mint to my tea bags when I'm brewing it. I'll use it fresh from now on as the last time I experimented with dehydrated, it took forever for the flavor to infuse.

I don't make my tea for medicinal uses.

My "recipe" for a gallon of my mint tea is: 4 family sized (you can probably use 3 or even 2) tea bags, a handful of fresh mint sprigs, sugar to taste, and a gallon of steaming hot water (I just use it as hot as it comes out of the faucet). Mix all the ingredients together in a large pitcher. After 3-5 minutes remove the tea bags and "sample" the tea to see if it as minty as you like. If you need it mintier, leave the mint in longer until it hits the strength you like. Let cool and serve over ice for a refreshing summer beverage.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
If you are a fan of Celestial Seasonings teas, you can make your own version. The main ingredient in many flavors of Celestial Seasonings is DRIED HIBISCUS. This ingredient is often available at herb shops or natural health food stores in bulk. For the price of one box of tea, you can have enough hibiscus to make gallons.

OkieAnnie

City slicker gone rural
Reaction score
Thank you for the link with the chart. I have been wondering about making my own tea. Thank you Wifezilla for the info on the hibiscus. I love Celestial Seasonings teas. You all are so fantastic! I am right with you BBH . . learning with every thread!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Susun Weed is something else, isn't Free? It would be something to spend the day with her foraging!

So far I haven't collected much for tea, a lot of sage, some burdock, and danelions. Maybe later this month.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yuh, she's a hoot. I enjoy her short teaching videos the most. Green blessings! So crunchy granola! I've learned so much in such a short time, though. She packs a lot into a minute or two. And the herbmentor fuzzy videos are great for learning when to harvest, at what stage, what part of the plant, etc.

I have some oats soaking now, and prepared a couple of flats to start them in, so they can have a chance at escaping the vermin that ate my last batch.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
OMG! She is WASTED!!! :gig

(Don't ask me how I know...LOL)

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Well, if you already know how to grow oregano...
:gig

Other great herb store ingredients to stock up on...

Dry orange peel
Dried ginger
Cinnamon sticks
Dry lemon peel

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Is Oregano difficult to grow? If so, I will declare myself a pro then. I've got a bush that I transplanted and now am finding that I'll probably have to divide it next year. I just got a hand-me-down dehydrator and used it on it too. Now, I need to find someone to give all this infernal oregano to.