Totally Fed Up with ATT

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hate to say it but I suspected one of your camera was configured incorrectly back in post #9. But glad it working now.

I would look into getting a Verizon 4GLTE wireless modem. Mine has unlimited voice & data and is solid as a rock. I've had zero issues with it and the cool thing is I can unplug it take anywhere in the USA I want as long as Verizon has coverage in that area it comes up and your ready to rock and roll. Verizon has the largest 4GLTE network out of all the wireless providers.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One thing we have learned in all the cell tower rigamarole we have gone through.... The best service comes from being within a 5 mile radius of a tower. They can cover longer distances, but the service will be iffy. That goes for all providers. We will have a Verizon tower, but the towers can carry many different providers, of different things, even like the radio service that the emergency responders use....fire, and rescue, too. I would check into Verizon as they have agreements with other providers to use the cell towers...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One thing we have learned in all the cell tower rigamarole we have gone through.... The best service comes from being within a 5 mile radius of a tower. They can cover longer distances, but the service will be iffy. That goes for all providers. We will have a Verizon tower, but the towers can carry many different providers, of different things, even like the radio service that the emergency responders use....fire, and rescue, too. I would check into Verizon as they have agreements with other providers to use the cell towers...

My office will be in a steel building in the new house we are moving into. I haven't tested reception inside of the building, but my cell phone outside the building had the maximum of 5 bars from the Verizon network. If my 4GLTE router wont work inside the steel building, I'll place it by a window. If that won't work I'll put a 4GLTE antenna on top of the building.

I use the Verizon 4GLTE router for both voice and data. Like I said solid as a rock and portable. I've taken it with me on business trips along with my headset, it always worked. No need to fuss with hotel wireless or phone service. My business phone number is the same, no matter where I'm physically located which is another big plus.

Generic external anttenas are fairly inexpensive and work very well according to my co-workers.

IMG_20200628_114607.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have AT&T cell phones. There are AT&T land lines out here, but we elected not to get a land line. Why? Because they don't run internet on their phone lines. So we went with Hughes Net for internet. We also have Direct TV satellite, bought out by who else? AT&T!!! When it is storming, tornadoes on the ground and the TV news anchor is telling everybody where the tornado is, the satellite TV goes off, the Satellite internet goes off. So what do i do now? The tornado is heading this way! Do we jump in the truck and run for it? Do we hunker down in a small windowless room? (that would be a closet full of crap and it would all beat us to death if a tornado ripped the place apart). Or do we just kiss our A$$ GOODBYE? Our AT&T cell service sucks out here too. We are 9 miles to any of 3 towns, it's not like we are out in the boonies on the butt end of nowhere. 9 miles! We get ONE bar. ONE.

Bay - Hughes Net is perhaps one of the worst, if not the worst internet service providers there is. I had it all of 2 weeks when we first moved here.

They had the gall to tell me to send a part back to them off of their dish. I said I'll do you one better. I'll cut the pole off at ground level and put the whole damn dish at the end of the driveway and you can come pick it up. It sat there for over a year until I finally picked it up and put it in my storage building.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope, there is one even worse. It's called Excede and it is terrible. After sitting out here for 9 months with nothing but a cell phone, Hughes Net was like manna from Heaven.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hate to say it but I suspected one of your camera was configured incorrectly back in post #9. But glad it working now.

I would look into getting a Verizon 4GLTE wireless modem. Mine has unlimited voice & data and is solid as a rock. I've had zero issues with it and the cool thing is I can unplug it take anywhere in the USA I want as long as Verizon has coverage in that area it comes up and your ready to rock and roll. Verizon has the largest 4GLTE network out of all the wireless providers.
Thats a possibility that one of the Wyze cams was not configured right. It really got bad after I put the last cam in the coop. After that is when I started getting the double ssid and the weak security warnings. Since I removed it and the bedroom one, no more double ssid or warnings.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
AT&T....LOL. Lived in semi rural place back when digital cell service first came out. Ground floor had analog service, walk up the stairs, about step 10 of 13 and the phone would flip to digital service. Lol

Then, as 4G was being rolled out, my 3G phone would drop connection 100 yards from the tower. I mentally had the "dead zones" mapped out to avoid losing a call

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have Houston numbers, although we lived 75 miles north of Houston. Our phones died as they were making the switch from analog to digital. The closest digital service was in Humble, so we went there and bought phones. For 6 months, we got messages but couldn't check them. LOL

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My opinion... currently Verizon has the best 4G LTE coverage. Who knows about 5G, but whoever is the best will set the bar for every other carrier.

Latest posts