toxic masculinity

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
@CrealCritter so that we can communicate clearly.

I will say, that my big issue with feminism is the women who get stuck and acting like their husbands are incompetent. It's a common cultural theme. Look at sitcoms. Which parent is incompetent? The father. Always.

Putting down men sabotages feminism anyway. Because when women buy into those beliefs, they end up doing everything (overfunctioning). What effect does that have on their husbands?

I can imagine that would push one over more towards "toxic masculinity".

IDK, it's all messed up. Men are awesome. Women are awesome. Men are everything women aren't and women are everything men aren't, and every person is of equal value. Period.

:old:hide

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
God made us to be partners in this life. Each sex has it's strengths and weaknesses, and they aren't always the same ones- so it's important to find the RIGHT partner. Each one needs to love the other, and honor them, and be deeply appreciative of what the other brings to the union. When this doesn't happen, it doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong- what you have is a Toxic Union.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I look at it as not having been taught manners, consideration, equality, appreciation and self control.

Personally, I have always had a pleasant relationship with men, in general. Nothing toxic. OK, my son had some "bad" days as a teen but I advised him he was acting like an aggressive roo and he should remember what happened to them at our farm! NOT tolerated. :old

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey, if your jacked up, your jacked up - male or female, it don't matter your still jacked up.

It's kind of like what I say to my kids when they hesitate to try something new. If your scared, say your scared. Same thing here... If your jacked up, say your jacked up.