toxic masculinity

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There are feminists that are man haters that perpetuate that stereotype for the rest of the decent feminists. I am not a feminist, to me a feminist thinks women are superior to men. Does that mske me a humanist? I don't know. The labels exhaust me. Instead of "toxic masculinity" why can't we just say, don't be a jerk?

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This ties right in with the headline I read this morning that Hilary Clinton believes the only reason that women voted for Trump was due to pressure from men. (I didn't read more.) I'm not advocating ANY party, nor do I vote along party lines, but i DO vote. I know I could get angry very quickly if I kept reading. She lost the election. Does she really believe that women in the US are incapable of making up their own mind? That either a man is at fault, or that there is something wrong with the women? I resent both implications. I guess I haven't gone to college long enough...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
sounds like it was coined by some libtard man hater..... if my opinion offends anybody, then just stop reading this.......

I will say that there are some seriously messed up men out there, but there are some seriously messed up women out there too. Why no "Toxic Femininity" moniker for them?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
extreme self-reliance, and the suppression of emotions.

Excuse me???? Since when is self reliance and not being a cry baby considered a BAD thing? Who wants a overly dependent male who can't do anything for himself??? Especially one that's going to cry about it? Didn't they used to call that being a mama's boy?

:he

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What I see bad about this term is that it will soon be worn out as it is applied to any man in any situation. There is nothing masculine about being an abusive, mean ba$tard. I have one of those mean abusive ex husbands, but I would never refer to him as "toxic masculinity" that is purely absurd. He is not "masculine" he is a coward, there is nothing manly about him whatsoever. I'm waiting on his funeral so I can spit in his coffin and piss on his grave. :thumbsup

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I simply can not understand any man that would raise a hand to a woman. My dad taught me you don't hit girls. (Period) that was one of the many rules my dad had that was black and white. My dad would have kicked my ass if I would have ever hit a girl.

And you know growing up as a kid of course that rule once it got out was tested by the neighborhood girls. I had one girl literally scratch me up, hit me, kick me. I came home worse for the wear and embarrassed. My dad seen me sneak in and said what the heck happened to you? I said a girl beat me up. He said and? I said and I let her, I just stood there and let her. He said good. My mom then went and talked to the girl's mom and she apologized to me a few days later. Several years later I even dated the girl who kicked my ass for a short time :rolleyes:funny how things work out sometimes.

But you know I was the laughing stock of the neighborhood boys because I got beat up by a girl. It got so bad the neighborhood police man got wind of it. The neighborhood police man stopped me to talk to me about it. I told the policeman I was so pissed, I wanted to kick the living crap out of the neighborhood boys. He said well there hanging out 2 blocks over. So I went over there and beat the crap out of the biggest loud mouth of the bunch. That solved that problem... None of the neighborhood boys ever mentioned the girl beating me up again - at least not in front of me.

I taught my boys the exact same. You don't hit a girl ever, under no circumstances period. My oldest son took it a little to far once and beat the crap out of a boy in high school because he seen the boy hit a girl. I had to go to the school board and explain what I taught my boys. They we're amazed that I would teach my boys such a thing. I was amazed that they we're amazed. But my son didn't get suspended and he never seen a boy hit a girl in school every again so it wasn't a problem anymore.

If that's what's considered toxic masculinity then I guess I'm guilty as charged

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I simply can not understand any man that would raise a hand to a woman. My dad taught me you don't hit girls. (Period) that was one of the many rules my dad had that was black and white. My dad would have kicked my ass if I would have ever hit a girl.

My ex never hit me, though he sure wanted to. I promised him that if he ever hit me, he'd better kill me because I was going to get my pistol and blow his head off. ;) He beat on his next wife and the several he lived with after her. Now he's with a raging alcoholic, they deserve each other. Karma bites you in the end. :lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My ex never hit me, though he sure wanted to. I promised him that if he ever hit me, he'd better kill me because I was going to get my pistol and blow his head off. ;) He beat on his next wife and the several he lived with after her. Now he's with a raging alcoholic, they deserve each other. Karma bites you in the end. :lol:

I really like you - you sound a lot like my wife.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL! But seriously, women can be unbalanced just as men can be. Where does it say that only a man can be a psychopath? But in most situations, there is no reason for a man to strike a woman.

On the other hand, there was a time when DH's little sister was totally out of control. Her parents had made arrangements for her to go to one of those institutions (I won't call it a school as education was a secondary goal there) but they couldn't get her to go into the car. Finally DH simply picked her up, kicking and screaming and cursing, and carried her out to the car and deposited her. She stayed put because he was standing right by the door and she realized there was nowhere to go. Was this being a "toxic male"? I don't think so, but I know there are people out there that would wring their hands and cry out in horror at his actions.
(I will tell you that her stay at this place was not very productive as she was smart enough to figure out the facade she needed to don to make everyone proclaim her cured... then went right back to her old ways once she was home again)

Latest posts