trying to help DH pull out a tooth so the dentist doesn't have to

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
He wasn't successful. Personally I usually think that insurance, while we buy it to help with a loss, is in existance for the insurance co to make money.
In any event, I doubt it if the tooth would last 3 weeks anyway, dentist or not. I saw the X-ray. There isn't much bone holding it in place. We are prepared to have the dentist take it out. He just wanted it out to end suffering and to save 104 bucks.
It will come out anyway.

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
This is the most horrible thread I've ever read. Not only is it dangerous (with the risk to other teeth, of not getting it all, potential infection...the human mouth is FILTHY) not to mention that bleeding while drinking isn't wise at all.

I'd just let the dentist do it. They actually know what they're doing, they have the tools and the right painkillers and if something goes wrong, they'll either know how to fix it, or it's on their heads, so they're more likely to do a good job to avoid being sued.

That's what insurance is for.
my reaction exactly.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My teeth hurt now..... :barnie Gotta hand it to ya, RB...you all are certainly taking SS to a new level! :pop

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Tell him to just man up and yank the SOB out. If there is still scotch in the bottle, then he hasn't drank enough yet!!

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My poor brother used to get slap drunk and pull his own teeth when needed,...with a pair of pliers. :sick He usually passed out first,...:lol: Bless his heart. :)

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I dont' think I would put myself through an ordeal like that to save 100 bucks. It hardly seems worth it.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I guess it would depend on whether you had a hundred bucks or not,....:D