trying to help DH pull out a tooth so the dentist doesn't have to

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I might horrify you when I say that I super glued a gaping hand cut back together in 2007.

My primary care dr. wouldn't do sutures for some odd reason. She cleaned it up though and tried to send me to urgent care across town. That is when I said, screw it and took care of it myself.
You did what we now do all the time in the ER. If you cleaned the cut very carefully and held it together just right and put the superglue on it, you did what we now do regularly. It works well

If she didn't want to sew it there were probably two or three reasons.
a) she didn't feel like taking as much time as it takes to sew a wound out of a busy day in her clinic
b) the wound may have been more than 8 hours old (I doubt this from what you said
c) she wasn't comfortable sewing a wound. Some folks just don't like to do that.

In either case, the subject of this string was a bad tooth that needs to come out and I would agree with the folks who said "bite the bullet and pay the dentist to extract the tooth." If you break it off in the bone or break the bone and/or get a major septicemia, you'll rue the day you decided to DIY.

And by the way...Tom Hanks used an Ice Skate on the tooth and hit it with a stone. Not sure what really happened because it knocked him unconscious and he had already had several wounds that would have become infected and gotten him septic when he cut his leg on the coral...but then it IS the movies...

YMMV

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, I would have never thought to look for such a book- and with a free download! Awesome!