trying to help DH pull out a tooth so the dentist doesn't have to

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
you might start a trend..make millions..retire to the south of France. You never know.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh heck ya France
I'll do that...I love to travel! :)
hey the "pet rock" inventor made millions right? :p

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
exaclty. You could call them button clips. Make a killing.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
mrs.puff said:
About 10 years ago, I had a customer come into the store I worked in with a large bandage on his hand, obviously home-doctored. He had gashed the palm of his hand very badly, and didn't have insurance to pay for stitches. He called an old friend somewhere who was a doctor (I don't know why he didn't just go to see that guy, maybe he lived far away). That doctor told him to slather it in honey, and wrap it up. Apparently honey is sterile. He said the wound was healing nicely.
Anyone else ever tried this?
This works best if the honey is truley raw. Its not that it is sterile, but that it actually has healing properties.
I have used it on a chicken with a nasty gash, to great success.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Doesn't honey work somewhat as an antibiotic?? RAW honey that is,...:D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
mrs.puff said:
About 10 years ago, I had a customer come into the store I worked in with a large bandage on his hand, obviously home-doctored. He had gashed the palm of his hand very badly, and didn't have insurance to pay for stitches. He called an old friend somewhere who was a doctor (I don't know why he didn't just go to see that guy, maybe he lived far away). That doctor told him to slather it in honey, and wrap it up. Apparently honey is sterile. He said the wound was healing nicely.
Anyone else ever tried this?
I've used raw honey on a burn and it worked like a miracle! It was gone the next day...still have a tiny scar but it healed so quickly I had never seen anything like it.

They now have a very expensive dressing available called Medi-honey....even the medical field has caught onto this little item! :p Not only is honey an antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal....it does sterilize any wound to which you apply it.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
omg.......u guys are really....something, for lack of a betta word. Guess DH is gonna have to come to the computer and see this. Thanx all. We still waiting and he is still taking the same amt of ibuprofen as he has been doing forever.

ThisOldCabin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hope his tooth is not hurting too much.I had a dentist when I was a kid that put fillings in every tooth I had.When I was 16 I said no more!!!Ended up losing all my top teeth and most of the bottom at age 26.The first to go were the ones that were shells with fillings.:he. Since I got my upper plate I've had to "pull" serveral pieces of bone/teeth out of my gums.Hurts like heck but is free.They were working theirselves out anyway.2 years ago I had a flap of gum,it was between my 2 front teeth,that was getting alittle more flappy so much it was being laid over and pinched by my dentures.I got this grand idea that I would tie a piece of dental floss around it and kinda just pull it tight and pinch it off.LOL,didn't work.It just pinched it more and really hurt.So here I am with this floss tied to this extra skin on my gum and can't get it off.I grabbed a pair of siscors and just snipped the whole thing off.Bled some but I washed my mouth out good with salty water and put the denture back in and 24 hours later it was just alittle red spot.No more pain.
I have stitched,glued and taped my own cuts and those of my husband and our 2 boys.I do know when a doctor must be seen and when I can take care of stuff myself.I always watch for infections and so far we haven't had any.We don't have insurance and a trip to the ER is at least $1000.I guess we have just learned to take care of our own as needed.