trying to help DH pull out a tooth so the dentist doesn't have to

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
About 10 years ago, I had a customer come into the store I worked in with a large bandage on his hand, obviously home-doctored. He had gashed the palm of his hand very badly, and didn't have insurance to pay for stitches. He called an old friend somewhere who was a doctor (I don't know why he didn't just go to see that guy, maybe he lived far away). That doctor told him to slather it in honey, and wrap it up. Apparently honey is sterile. He said the wound was healing nicely.
Anyone else ever tried this?

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There are about 5 dentists in my immediate area. One of them likes to go on drilling expeditions and claims you are full of cavities. Then he has no problem charging you for that 'service'. He once pulled 7 teeth out of 2 of my children.....4 from one and 3 from the other. By the time I learned what he was up to, it was already done. And one of the teeth pulled didn't grow back and has caused serious damage to the shape of my DDs teeth.
It is nice to have a licensed dentist to use if you need to, but they are only human and therefore can make both mistakes and be dishonest.
I also make a lot of my own clothes rather than go to a seamstress. I grow my own veggies rather than visit the produce. I kill my own chickens and pick up my own eggs rather than have someone else take care of that too. And I used to do my own taxes until, mysteriously, one year I couldn't obtain my own forms.
I don't pay someone to do anything, if I can do it myself.

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You can get your own tax forms on IRS.gov.

I have never gone to a seamstress but I buy my clothes in a store or online. I like to sew but never have the time. Kudos to you for finding time to do all that stuff.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can't sew on a button literally, my Mom does it for me :lol:

time is a big factor for me also. imagine the possibilities in life, if ya had time :p :p

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The year I had the problem with tax forms, I did get them online, but they had all kinds of new tax laws and I didn't have the instruction booklet I normally have. It was like it was a conspiracy. And they were making it harder every year for the average person to prepare their own return and I could see that if they continued like that, I would need a tax preparer, so considering what I was up against and how I was loosing my religion and only half finished, I made my first appointment with a CPA. Not only is she a CPA and a broker, but she has a master's degree in theology, unlike the local dentist. lol.

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Have you tried supergluing the buttons on, FarmerChick? It's worth a try.:lol:

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
The year I had the problem with tax forms, I did get them online, but they had all kinds of new tax laws and I didn't have the instruction booklet I normally have. It was like it was a conspiracy. And they were making it harder every year for the average person to prepare their own return and I could see that if they continued like that, I would need a tax preparer, so considering what I was up against and how I was loosing my religion and only half finished, I made my first appointment with a CPA. Not only is she a CPA and a broker, but she has a master's degree in theology, unlike the local dentist. lol.
IRS.gov also has instructions available. I am sorry that you had such difficulty. I am also a tax accountant and it irritates me to see what people have to pay to get their taxes done.I have always done it for free for friends and neighbors and coworkers. I don't have any interest in theology, though. :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL I can't control a tiny tube of super glue either and Mom just loves to do it! :) super glue never works for me on anything oh well...just a fact in life I am lost on! :p

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Or maybe you could go without buttons- start a new look. Maybe use those binder clips from the office.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WHAT? and take those clips off my bag of chips.....oh wait, you said office clips OK I could do that :cool:

Latest posts