TV..do you have it? Do you watch it?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL and to me I learned a million good things from tv.

eh it all comes down to what you enjoy in life. everyone pick and choose

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
No TV. Never had one. Never will. Quite happy without one :) But AM enjoying watching the Republican debate on my computer right now :)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I like TV. Great shows on the Science Channel, History Channel, Discovery, a few series that we watch. It's all in what you choose to watch. And KU? Oh man, there is NO good reason to miss one of those games at this house.

No news here, no gloom and doom, no reality shows or politics and no offense meant to anyone that chooses to watch those programs. We could save money by not having the tube, but I'll cut back someplace else first. DH works hard around here and as long as he wants it, we'll have it. That's our way to relax in the evenings...zzzzzz

A long time ago, we went two years without a TV. After a while, I didn't miss it, but I was busy with little kids, too.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No T.V. programming here. 7 yrs clean. I figure thay will have to try another method to program me. :cool:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It would be interesting to measure the consumerism levels of non-TV watchers as opposed to those who watch TV quite regularly.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think you'd have to have a consumerism type personality to let commercials sway you, don't you think? Most of us here on this forum aren't spenders like other people.

We have a DVR, so most everything is recorded, then I can fast forward through the commercials. They just irritate me anyway. :D

I can't say there's been one commercial that has made me run out and buy something in the past 20 years. But that's JMO.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that is so true marianne

our types are not buyers to run out and spend cause of a commercial.

and with the beauty of cable I switch channels the minute a commercial comes on. I can watch 2-3 shows at once. LOL

same here, hubby uses tv to relax. he makes the big bucks, he wants it he gets it. I actually find it more weird so many don't like tv. I love tv.
and all the people I hang out with like tv.

there are worse things I could be doing at night other than watching SyFy... ;)
:lol:

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No TV here for 2 years and counting but we do Netflix with the computer. :hide

Funny story/blonde moment:

When we moved to AR from TN, one of the things Doc loaded into the camper to make the move out here was our old tv. We figured we'd hook it to the vcr/dvd player to watch an occassional movie or three. Sounded like a great idea at the time! :rolleyes:

Once we got the camper set up in it's present day home and Doc built the small generator "hut" to allow us a few hours of electricity (at the time), we realized that the genny, confined in it's small tin-covered hut would be too noisy to even hear "said entertainment factor" as the "hut" sits close to the bedroom window in our 22' luxury home...which is where the tv is taking up space in a small corner. :lol:

Oh, the things one learns! :gig

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I must say when I couldn't sleep at night I loved to watch infomerchals OMG! How do people come up with this stuff?

BUT WAIT--- YOU DON'T GET ONE--- YOU GET 3!!

If it works as good as they say, don't you think one is all you need?

But no tv now. (Kids sat watching tv, ignoring homework,chores too many times)