Upcycled/repurposed projects (MANY)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Adding more pics, as per promise, of things repurposed. The lumber for the front bracings and the firring strips(used here to attack plastic cap to) in this pic are old...very old...tomato stakes that I dug out of a pile up in the woods.

5_screen_door_and_plastic_layer.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Got a DeWalt drill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weee :weee :weee :weee Been dreamin' of a DW drill since around 1999! You cannot believe the power and smooth action of this drill unless you've been using a Black&Decker all the way through a project and then switch over to a DW..... :th :celebrate :love :weee :ya :woot :thumbsup :bun :celebrate :love :weee :weee

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm happy for you, Beekissed. Having started out working with very limited and often second- or third-rate tools, myself, I know what it is to get equipped with something that does the job and does it smoothly. :D

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:D Trust me....they were tomato stakes. Yes, I know they are thicker than the usual stake you will find for tomatoes, but that was just my Dad....if one is good, two is better. If 2 in. wide is enough, better make it 3-4 in. wide to be sure. Not much tobacco farming in this area and these were sold as "tomato stakes"...huge..probably 6-8 ft. long and 3-4 in. wide.

Dad would sharpen the ends and drive them in with a sledge...and drive them in deep. Our tomatoes get upwards to 6 ft. tall and can topple a regular stake with the weight of their fruit.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi Joel,

If burning stumps out of future orchard space, using old dead fall wood counts...then yes! :D

If it doesn't count, then at least it's still getting done. :cool:

Bee,

We have mostly DeWalt power tools and love them. Doc worked construction for many years with them and they're still going strong! :thumbsup

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
From the first time I saw them in action back in the 90s, I felt like they were the best make of drills...I couldn't believe how they were constructed and their performance level. Now they've become more affordable for the masses...back then I think one would have cost a couple hundred smackaroos but we got this one for $56 and the cheaper brands were only $20 less, so I thought it was a good deal all things considered.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
If you are purchasing Dewalt from the big box stores, the quality is not as good as contractor grade tools. The difference is plastic gears versus metal gears inside the drill.
My other half's company sells the contractor stuff and it is NICEEEEEE