Wahls Protocol Diet (on a budget)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Spinach with cream cheese is delish - but I'm thinking the Wahls diet is dairy free....
It is dairy free, and I'll do a dairy elimination in January. I'm reeeeeeeallly hoping I'm okay when reintroducing dairy!! I hope to at least be able to use cream and butter long term.

ALDI unsweetened vanilla almondmilk is not bad!

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goat milk contains an enzyme to help process the lactose (cause of most milk issues) and it is destroyed with pasteurization. Thus, raw milk can often be digested when some can't. One reason goat milk is sometimes tolerable to many when cow milk is not.

Instead of sausage, that mixture sounds like great stuffing for green peppers and/or zucchini halves.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
is it really that simple? :eek:
Yes. The bones are the ribs, don't bother with them, they disintegrate. The roundish bones are the center (I guess) spinal bones. I just mash them with my fingers and mix them in with the salmon. Canned salmon is touted as being good for you because of the calcium. It is not as bad as you think it is. I love salmon patties!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bye, bye wheat! Personally, that would sure be better & easier to forgo than dairy. Plus, you got that out of the way right up front! Onward --- :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WOW, they are $1.28 each here...$2.50 is high for us. If you peel, de-seed and vac seal, they will last a couple of months in the frig. Yep, experience when I lost one in a frig. :D I just slice & eat, sometimes a guaq mix. Problem is that is that I want chips, too. Hmmm. Now I'm thinking a taco with sour cream would be nice.:rolleyes:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
@baymule Just smoothies or baking. They separate a little, get a little grainy.

@Mini Horses I can't imagine guacamole without high sour cream content. :/ I've given up guac for a while. I do like a big taco salad though! <3

I am surprised and extremely happy to report that my severe keratosis pilaris, which has not responded to any treatment, is 50% cleared in 3 weeks. I haven't used any skin products on it. :eek: I had heard that dairy can cause keratosis pilaris. Both my sons have it. I plan to take the older one off dairy, since he is pretty close to dairy-free. and he's vain enough to be motivated by clear skin. :D

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I never had guacamole with sour cream.....maybe one of these will work. I am not aware of your limits, so some may be in these. Yes, some are more like a salsa. In fact, I make such for demos with finely chopped avocado, all the lime juice, onions, etc. and peaches chopped, vice tomatoes. If you want the creamy consistency, mash the avocados and use onion & garlic powder. The mayo adds some smooth...if you cannot have regular mayo get the vegan type.

Ingredients

2 ripe avocados.
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt.
1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice or lemon juice.
2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup of minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion.
1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced.
2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped.
A dash of freshly grated black pepper.

Ingredients

3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed.
1 garlic clove, minced.
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, optional.
1 small onion, finely chopped.
1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional.
1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice.
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro.

Serve with your favorite tortilla chips for a dip, or use with your favorite Mexican dish.

I would think squash would work with the salmon, vice sweet potatoes. More likely, the nutrients in the potato were an added ? But, pumpkins is quite similar.

Latest posts