Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So, ....update type stuffs...DH is jobless again, as of the first week of last month...no income to speak of, but we still have some cash. Trying to get unemployment started/typical runaround. We have spent countless hours on the phone with the state the last month just trying to get it all straightened out and get a check rolling in for now...to no avail :lol: Looking for work, moving on, nothing to see here on that front really. His meds went from $35 a month to $500 so it's actually kinda GOOD he is out of work, so he is on Medicare or something... Anyway, things are going good and we have a few ideas as to what to do next. There is talk of selling the house and buying a bare piece of land and just going from there with the money from the sale :lol: I am SO sick of mortgage, and am on board with being completely debt free and never EVER looking back for ANY stankin reason whatsoever :p I'll just miss the garden, and it irritates me how much work I have put into this freakin clay soil and the thought of losing all that time and effort is a bit disgusting, buuuuuuuuuuut ya gotta be willing to make sacrifices somewhere. I want a smaller house and so far this one isn't shrinking....moving is looking mighty good!! :D

We're just in a state of content confusion at the moment :lol:

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
nothing ever goes smoothly does it! *hugs*

youll make the best of it, you always manage to! :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Good to see you too fem :) and Pinky!

Yeah life is a series of challenges for sure, and my series is an action series :lol:

We're working today on gearing up for a yard sale to lighten the proverbial load. Then we will pursue putting the house on the market sometime in the next several weeks. I want to get rid of a LOT of stuff before we even get serious about marketting this place. I don't want to have to pack a bunch of crap up and take it with me, no more so than the necessary things to continue toward our goals. Just the very idea of packing right now is giving me a headache :p We have SO much stuff, and SO much of it has got to tag along.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can NOT even imagine moving out of this house - I've been here for 25 years and stuff accumulates - ya know?

I know you're a "get 'er done" kinda person sooooo - nuttin' to it but to do it!

Hope your yard sale goes great and you move a lot of stuff and make a couple dollars while you're at it.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We moved from a house that my husband's family had been living in for 30 years- and his mother was something of a hoarder. 2000 square foot home, 120' long barn, and a 400 square foot shop- all jammed with accumulated debris. I had a yard sale- just threw open the barn for people to poke around and make offers. It would have taken us a year or more to clear the place out but we got incredibly lucky- we got an offer on the house that included a "walk away" clause- meaning that we didn't have to clear everything out. The buyer offered less than what we were asking, but we decided that it came out about the same considering all the hired help we would have needed to clean the place out. We called all the other kids, and the parents (who were snowbirding) and told them they had a month to come and get whatever they wanted out of there. We were moving into a house a little more than 1/3 the size of that house, with no barn-- I had to get really hard-nosed about what we were taking and what we weren't (the hardest was saying goodbye to over 50% of our library).

The bad part of a walk-away clause, we found... is that it's too easy to forget something you actually wanted to take with you. I forgot about all my gardening tools in the tool shed, for instance.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well books are at the top of our list :lol: They come with for sure! Everything else...meh ;) It's looking pretty good, hope we can get rid of a bunch of clutter. Maybe we can store some things soon to make the transition easier too. I want half this stuff gone one way or another BEFORE the house goes on the market. The last house on our street that was put on the market only lasted 2 weeks, and I hope ours follows suit because when we do it, I want it a quick clean cut :)

In other news...I'm about to go stomp a mudhole in hubs tail at a card game and then go to bed. I'm tired *yawn* Catch you all laters :frow

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know you told me about some health issues, but can't recall exactly. What are DH's limitations? Just asking because there are LOTS of men who commute to my area, work offshore, then go home after a few weeks. Lots of those places have online applications.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Narcolepsy. He's asleep right now. We were just talking :lol: He does have his meds now at least. He went a few weeks without and it seems his body is still trying to regulate again. We're tired of the rat race :/

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If he can get his meds straight and be able to function normally, I will be glad to refer him to a few companies that have online apps......he will need a TWIC card though.