Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Jamie, how does catfish, hushpuppies, and fries sound for Friday night dinner? :D I am SOOOOOOOO hungry for catfish right now!!!
:drool What? No greens? Or Okra? LOL

Need to look through your old posts to find a classic dessert. :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Carrot cake? Reese's cake? Brownies? Pecan Pie? Tree Bark? Cheesecake?........we have several favorites, but those are all i can think of right now :p

Okra was tonight, and will be again SOON considering I just put 15 gallons in the freezer and have room for NOTHING else at the moment :barnie AND I have to go pick again tomorrow :lol: :/

My back is finally better, still a little twinge of electrifying shooting pain if I move a certain way :p but mostly better. It was a pulled muscle. I ate my medicine :D Walnuts, work wonders I tell ya when it comes to muscle soreness!!! Love those things!

Anyway, the mower is FINALLY started :weee :weee I tried and tried and almost cried...cuz it hurt to try to crank it, yesterday, to NO avail...but DH finally got it to crank up today and DD is mowing for me :love

I'm still working on the house *sigh* If not for all the veggies to put up CONSTANTLY and the week long backache, I'd have had it done looooong time ago, but um....things seem to not work out the way I want most days :hu I'm tired...and got more to get done.

Later folks :frow

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cheese cake...I wants cheese cake, and reeses...and and and...*drooool*

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Jamie, have you figured out what you want yet? I need to go to the store tomorrow and get a few things....help meh make my list :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Nicest weekend I have had in a looooong while now :) Jamie, brother, we love you and miss you already! That was just WAY too short of a visit!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry i missed ya, you just happened to pick the 1 weekend where everything whent all nutzo!

sounds like you guys hadfun though :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Britsea, he's about 16 hours away hun...not really close, but SO glad he was able to visit!!

We really did have a great time. I have loved slowing my pace a bit for his visit, and sitting out on the porch during the cool afternoons, just talking and laughing, face to face rather than typing. Jamie is a great guy, his visit has been a blessing :) Shiloh was interesting, and the outdoor fundraiser was an awesome setting...so long as you avoided stepping in horsey poops :lol: I sure hope Jamie enjoyed it as much as we did!!! He's family now! ;)

Today was interesting. I got my turkeys...even though I'm supposed to be downsizing. They are a nice Bourbon Red trio. I may have one of the Angus calves sold as well. We met some REALLY nice folks when we went to get the turks. we wound up standing around chatting to them about their property and such for nearly 2 hours. DH has gotten really talky lately. (Thanks a LOT Jamie :p ) But, they were very like minded and we hit it off. She has the cutest herd of 17 Nigerian Dwarfs, and she is going to show me how to get mine registered. She's a plethora of information. It's so nice when you meet folks who share the same interests as you, and her and her husband were just some of those folks we clicked with immediately. We had a nice time :)

Tomorrow I am going to pick a truckload of pears because I just don't have enough to do to punish myself further this week.... :plbb I need to make butter and buttermilk out of the gallon of fresh Jersey cream I was blessed with :drool I need to get hay for the animals, and a few other odds and ends I have to do as well. Then, I have to plan my weekly shopping trip and get my coupons clipped and loaded into my binder. I need to check sales and see what all freebies I have going on this week....lotsa planning left to do. anyway, yeah, I should have a full day tomorrow. :weee