Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, it sounds like you can do with some help over there! :hugs I wish I lived closer...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy cow! What an overwhelming blessing, lol! Do you have a dehydrator? Make (C)okra! My DH nicknamed it cokra because it's so addictingly delicious! Just slice up the okra into about 1/2 inch slices and stick 'em in the dehydrator.... OMG... it's better than a potato chip! And, it's not nearly as labor intensive as other methods of preservation.

But - hey! Good to see ya, sistah!

Where you going on vacation???? I'm jealous!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
The okra is the easiest thing to put up. All I do is put it whole into single meal size freezer bags and toss it on a shelf. The beans...I see beans every time I close my eyes :barnieCorn will be easier. I ripped up a hundred foot row of Shelly beans and cleaned them out this afternoon. I'll rip out another row tomorrow. Got 2/3 of a row of green beans picked (5gallon bucket full)and have another full row to go, then will have to pick those again Thursday. Tomorrow's plan is (AFTER I get off work)murder the other row of Shelly beans, pick 2 rows of corn, shell alllllll those cursed beans :D can them, snap and can as many green beans as I can, can tomatoes again, freeze some corn, and pass out as early as possible so I can recharge. Aaaaand...Branson, Missouri...secluded cabin....NO GARDEN....ahhhhhh... can't wait :weee

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness you have been busy! You so deserve a vacation!! It's a lot of work now but you'll eat well this winter!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I will! And I'm so ready to get away from it and a few of my clients too ugh!! Got all the beans pulled, picked, and shelled...in the rain and mud lol! Two 5 gallon buckets overflowing and that's all of them!! I can't pick the green beans till tomorrow because it's about to rain again and my garden shoes weigh about 20 pounds each at the moment caked with mud. I guess I can catch up on house work this evening...lord knows it has been neglected the last few weeks. But first...to the shower to defunk myself of garden soil bugs and bean cooties :D Later taters!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Gave away 2 five gallon buckets of fresh produce today :D I still have a lot to do but that was really helpful!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You're like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. This winter when things slow down you will be so happy. Make hay when the sun shines...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Canning tomatoes and picking more beans today lol smh I will be happy this winter but I'm tired right now. Just got off work and more work to tend to here makes for a long day.