Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you're starting to feel better. Apparently your body decided if you won't give yourself a break, here's a forced one!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I got green beans and tomatoes and okra and peppers and and and....cucumber(notice not plural) picked today :D after I canned 20 pints of tomatoes :D I feel better!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:D can't help it, work before play, and play hard when you get the chance!! I played hard this afternoon with two kids and had a blast. Nerf war, swimming, water balloons...and now I'm finally having dinner lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I just get tired just reading about your life lol You're going to eat well this coming winter, with all this canning you're doing now. How many pints have you got done now?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have, (for myself) 30 pints of tomatoes, 60ish pints of green beans, 12 quarts of okra, 3 gallons of peppers?, 1 gallon of jalapeño poppers made and...??? Oh! and 12 pints of shelly beans, 10 quarts of squash, 2 quarts of blackberries for jam and jelly, but that's just what I've done for personal use, double that for what I've had a hand in canning and I've picked almost ALL of it alone, and delivered a ton more to hungry unable to garden neighbors and family members and friends. I'm sure I've missed something...corn..but only picked maybe 12 dozen ears for other folks...we don't eat it. We have had a massively bountiful harvest thus far and I am grateful for every jar! I am tired though :D of green beans :p I'm waiting for cukes to start up good!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I want to die having been able to say I used all my talents for myself and others and haven't wasted a drop of energy on anything that doesn't make the world a better place...HOWEVER...I do play video games...alone..in down time..for me time..while clients are sleeping, while towels are finishing drying, while dinner is cooking..whatever :D I had a teacher tell me once that I wasted time daydreaming, and I did, so I quit. I think I was 12. I still daydream, but my hands are moving when I do it..lately..usually picking those blasted green beans!!! You can have a lot of love in your heart and not actively share it, and let it waste away, or you can couple it with energy and give it away and spread it out and be someone's sunshine, even if just for a day. People like green beans. Giving them to folks often gets a hug in return, or a smile, or at least good conversation. Tomatoes get you a friend for life lol! I love what I do, even when it exhausts my body my spirit is still hyper like a kid and ready for more. Thankfully a willing spirit goes a long way toward coaxing the body to go just a little farther. I'm being a slug today. I do recharge occasionally.

Latest posts