Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Teenagers! :smack But, you are right - you don't have to put up with the BS! I think a lot of parents seem to think bad behavior it's inevitable and unavoidable but it isn't. It's about the respect. I put up with angry teenagers at times - but they didn't get to be disrespectful about it. My son called me a name one time and I told him to pack. Nobody that calls me a *itch gets to live under my roof. He packed his truck tore out of the driveway and turned around and came back before he got to the end of the street. He was crying and I was crying - but he apologized, told me he would never do it again and he didn't. And, he turned into a great human being!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm not going, it's passing already. Think maybe I got one of those 24 hour bugs or pollen/sinus drainage/stupid weather making me feel bad. I've felt better today, and last nights game was so much fun to watch!! We won!!! Those boys did awesome! He was excited last night:) In other news my cucumbers and tomatoes are up and I have the lights on them. A few more days and squash should be up and a week or so probably peppers too. I love love love having seedlings again! I'm addicted to that like some folks are chickens and goats on here....won't name any names or anything but y'all know who ya are lol!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's been a loooong time since you've been here! Glad to see you back. Divorce is hard, there are no winners. It can rake you over the coals and burn you to ashes. But like the Phoenix, you can rise from the ashes, brilliant, shining, and fly away to start your new life.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Man alive you sure have been through the crapper! I had a UTI the entire time I was pregnant each time otherwise I'm not bothered much by them. Sorry to hear about your financial troubles. I've lost so much through divorce but it was better than staying. I've only been a member recently but isn't it funny how quick you make online friends. So easy to find people with similar interest.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah we all walk similar paths, funny how we all tend to think we are so much different but we really aren't. Basic adult needs are physical necessities and respect. Pretty simple when you think about it. My divorce wasn't "profitable " nor should one be. A person should exit with what they came with and the equivalent of what they put into the marriage, not everything they want just to make the other person suffer. I actually didn't want the house, but he thought that would make things harder for me so he dumped it on me out of spite. I just took his lemons and made lemonade...he should have known I would having known me for 14 years and knowing I'm a very creative person with finance and too damn stubborn to ever quit till I reach my goals...even with a 50k dollar set back thrown in for good measure. I have unintentionally given him the proverbial one finger salute on this one. All my bills are taken care of, with minimal assistance from anyone, none at all until just recently, so....I'm always financially stable for the most part, and a huge proponent of living below your means...a concept he could never really grasp. My biggest hurdle has been my health, and now that's under control as well, so I'm back on track and my projections is the house will be paid off in 4 years worst case scenario, and best case scenario, I inherit several thousand dollars next week and hit easy street for a few years and stack back my nest egg again lol! Simple.