Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I think we should probably charge...that's GREAT idea :lol:

I'm not a huge proponent of spanking, but sometimes, there's just nothing else that gets the point across. I had been desperately trying to avoid that measure for weeks! She was already grounded for talking crap about her dad behind his back :rolleyes: Already had phone taken, and is grounded from the computer for a year for sharing WAYY too much personal info on a site she wasn't even supposed to be on....this kid is just pushing every imaginable limit and has been for the last 4 months. I pray things calm down REALLYYYYYY soon.

She came back out of her room and apologized after a 3 hour nap, said she was really sleepy and had not slept well last night. We made up, and talked about her disrespectfulness. She apologized profusely again and I let her know that next time I wouldn't be so sweet about it. I hope we both survive her teens!!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
See...you did knock some sense into her!!! :lol:

My cousin's wife complained to me that taking the cell phone from her 13 yr old DD didn't work.....my reply was "it doesn't work because you gave it back to her." :rolleyes:

NO WIRE HANGERS!!!!! Mommy dearests unite!!! :gig

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MWAHAHAHAH lori!!! :lol:

I hate spanking them, but when their ears aren't workin, it gets the message to the brain from the other end :p

Either way, she was right in one aspect...at her age, she shouldn't NEED a spanking, but tantrums and screaming in my face...will get ya every time. My momma woulda knocked me out cold the way she talked to me! Yeesh!

Kids these days....no respect. Wish some other kid would clean her clock for her at school. I have seen her in action...M-E-A-N I tell you! I love her with all my heart but she can be a nasty little heffa! :lol: :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Today was rather productive, especially after nearly a week of non production! I got laundry done this morning, and errands run this afternoon.

DD and Son in law came for a visit, and just left a few minutes ago. DD and I spent the better part of the last hour searching my cookbooks for her favorite recipes. :) It seems she misses mom's home cookin' and while she didn't say so, I am still very flattered that she prefers some of my recipes over others.

After all, we spent years in the kitchen with her being my taste tester, to perfect some of those recipes. ;) I look at my youngest now, and though she is not mad at me for the moment, she is a teen, and I remember going through the same things with older DD. It's odd when a child moves out on their own, gets married, and has their own life. I really enjoyed sharing those recipes with my girl today. Maybe some day my other girl will look to me for some favorites and put them in a book to have it's own special place in her kitchen too.

Moms and daughters have a connection in the kitchen if nowhere else. My oldest and I rarely saw eye to eye. We are polar opposites, but we always met on common ground at the table. We have much the same tastes in food. I appreciate that connection now that she is on her own. I think she enjoyed going through those old books and remembering the recipes that would melt in your mouth, and the others that absolutely flopped :lol: She took a little piece of home back to her place this afternoon, to fit into her own new home, that she will make one small step at a time. I'm glad to have had an impact, no matter how small :love

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am sick of being sick!!!!! :he I went and did some outside work in the yard yesterday for about 4 hours, and over did it. I paid for it ALL night, waking myself up coughing. :rolleyes: I am SO congested, and have coughed so much I have a headache. I NEED to get some more work done outside though. :barnie I have a shipment that needs to go Monday and have not got the order complete yet.....I'm going back out for a couple hours to get it done anyway while DH is taking a nap. :hide He can fuss at me when he wakes up :rant Then, I will come in and take some meds and go back to bed. This cold is just hangin on! I hate being slowed down, and HATE HATE HATE being stuck in the house all the time...it makes me feel worse! :/

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sorry about that ^^^^ I really have nothing to whine about. I have my health most of the time and shouldn't be such a wuss the times when I don't. Others go through SO much more on a daily basis.

ANYWAY......... :lol: Just watched a movie with my family :) It was rather hillarious. In some parts I thought hubster was going to pass out from laughing! Other parts I coulda done without. Why can't people just make a nice clean appropriate funny FAMILY movie anymore!??!

I got my order filled this afternoon :weee and I didn't even have to go outside! A lady down the road helps me every year. I told her Thursday we were ready to start shipping whenever she got ready to make a little extra cash. I didn't know she had began working, but she came by this afternoon with a couple boxes :) That got me off the hook of having to work while I'm sick. Now if I can just get better and help her we'll be good to go!!!!!!

I love my life :ya

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hmmm. I just got a head's up on a nifty little nut picker gadget to help me harvest acorns. Relatively inexpensive and would SOOOOO save my back! Hope it works! Other than that, nothing going on today except church....ahhhhhh just like I like it :) Peace and rest! Hope everyone is having a FABULOUS Sunday!! :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I did, Wanna! :D

Church, ate out with the fam, picked up another puppy, washed and fed said puppy, dosed and trimmed hooves on sheeples, put down some pine shavings in coop, talked to youngest son soon to come home from military training :celebrate :weee :celebrate :weee :ya .....and relaxed in front of SS and BYC.

It doesn't get any better than that! :cool:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm curious, what do you do w/the acorns?

I actually was able to take a nap today after church!