Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
She has it turned down now..and it is taking foorrrrrrreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr, but I aint sayin a THING :lol: She begged me to let her finish. Then she asked again what we wanted with it, to which I very quickly replied pork and beans(no cooking necessary) :lol: Poor kid, I feel for her Home Ec teacher. She is taking Home Ec next semester...poor teacher will quit, or laugh herself to death. DD is GREAT at baking, just not at cooking. :hu She will learn soon enough, trial and error. This is one of the few places I do not mind her making her own BIG mistakes. Although she HAS lit a burger on fire in the microwave, and a bag of popcorn...and a burger patty...and a fork...okay I think that's it. No...she burned tea bags in the microwave because she forgot to put water in there, set it on 5 minutes, and went outside to play :rolleyes: Why did I let her cook again? :gig
DH tried to make a toasted cheese sandwich Sunday. He cut two slices of bread and a slice of cheese, put them together, and...
stuck them in the toaster. (Note - it's NOT a toaster oven.) Then he was surprised when the cheese "fell off". I'm buying a toaster oven tomorrow, since the toaster is, well, toast.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
Wannabefree said:
She has it turned down now..and it is taking foorrrrrrreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr, but I aint sayin a THING :lol: She begged me to let her finish. Then she asked again what we wanted with it, to which I very quickly replied pork and beans(no cooking necessary) :lol: Poor kid, I feel for her Home Ec teacher. She is taking Home Ec next semester...poor teacher will quit, or laugh herself to death. DD is GREAT at baking, just not at cooking. :hu She will learn soon enough, trial and error. This is one of the few places I do not mind her making her own BIG mistakes. Although she HAS lit a burger on fire in the microwave, and a bag of popcorn...and a burger patty...and a fork...okay I think that's it. No...she burned tea bags in the microwave because she forgot to put water in there, set it on 5 minutes, and went outside to play :rolleyes: Why did I let her cook again? :gig
DH tried to make a toasted cheese sandwich Sunday. He cut two slices of bread and a slice of cheese, put them together, and...
stuck them in the toaster. (Note - it's NOT a toaster oven.) Then he was surprised when the cheese "fell off". I'm buying a toaster oven tomorrow, since the toaster is, well, toast.
:lol: Goodness...poor toaster! What was he thinking......? :lol:

Some folks are so funny in the kitchen!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Birthday?
Yes, THIS is the year to kick it in reverse and start counting DOWN :lol: I will be a year younger tomorrow :lol:

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is definitely the year I start counting backwards! Got my first AARP junk mail yesterday... hubby thought it was hilarious. Jerk. :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Happy birthday big sister!!! :D

My sister is so nervous in the kitchen, she has trouble with boxed foods. :rolleyes:

She won't believe me that the crock pot is EASIER.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
JRMom don't feel bad...I get AARP junk mail too. I think everybody does. As soon as DD turned 18 SHE got it! :th Oh well. CHEERS to getting older!! :D

Abi, the Crock Pot IS easier. I love mine. :D and thanks for the Bday wishes :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I was just sitting here thinking...it has been a pretty good day, but I may want at least a partial do over anyway. I haven't been to church in almost 2 weeks, and I'd kinda like to get back someday :lol: Last Sunday I was sick. Wednesday was my birthday and I REALLY wanted to go, but DH was late getting home, so we didn't. And today, DD woke up with a swollen lip :( Food sensitivity reaction to the yogurt so I stayed home with her. DH went ahead because this was his first day teaching Sunday School...and I missed it :( *sigh* The duck hatched a few chicks and ducks, but kicked the chicks out and killed them. On the bright side, it is raining, which is MUCH needed, and I got the refridgerator cleaned out of leftovers finally because I refused to cook because the AC went out again and it's HOT in here :barnie :lol: SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!

Kinda funny, I am still having a great day :hu With all THAT ^^^ going on, I am not complaining, just thinking...even some good days, some aspects need do overs :lol: I'll never get to enjoy hubby's first time teaching a class. That's the main thing I wish I hadn't missed. Sometimes when I miss church the whole week feels lopsided...I can't remember what the day is half the time when I miss. Oh well...I've been having a pretty pleasant day no less. I did get to sit out in the coop and watch moma duck and babies for a bit. I rescued the rest of the chicken eggs she was sitting on and brought them in to put in the bator so maybe they'll still hatch. Had I gone to church I would not have been here for that. I got to coddle my (not so little) little girl for a bit, because she feels bad. It's about the only time the nasty teen claws don't come out when I hug her anymore :lol: I got to baby her a little bit :love so, there have been great wonderful benefits to the day as well. :)

All in all I am happy with it :D Blessings sneak up on ya sometimes, and come out in the strangest ways. Just leaves me wondering some days...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
did i mention my computer is screwing up :/