Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
sold 10 chickies after my volunteer work this morning. Stole a bunch of stuff from the dollar store with LOADS of coupons. They always open the other register when they see me coming :lol: I got name brand cereal for 2.35 a box, and sodas 1.97 a 12 pack. My best deal was Welch's grape juice for 1.93 though. I love the stuff, but seldom buy it because it's so expensive. I saved 27% on my total bill, nit the best I've ever done, but meh..pretty good still. Well so this is why I say I got nuthin...pretty boring to most folks, but I enjoyed it :D I got more body wash for the shelter in that too. I think I paid 90 cents a bottle for Axe. That stuff kinda stinks to me though. Pppeeeeeyooooo! :lol:

DH got home today from his retreat. He LOVED it. I just grinned and said "told ya so" ;) I am so glad he had a good time, otherwise I'd have never lived it down :lol:

DD has been a troll today, gripe, gripe, moan, moan, mope, snark, spit, whiiiiiiine ALL DAY LONG... Her daddy looked at her after being home about an hour and said "just shut up will ya?!" :lol: Sheesh, it's bad when HE notices :/

Can't wait to have three more! :gig

Such was the substance of my day...not much :hu Hope everyone else had a great one! :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Gooooooooooooood Mornin :D

I'm about to go fix some breakfast. I think it's a bacon and pancakes kinda morning..then a shower and church kinda morning :lol:

Did you folks remember to turn your clocks back an hour last night? Hope so. I did! I am gonna dislike it this next week though....dark at 5 o'clock?! That'll be fun :rolleyes:

Anyone have an infrared heater? We are thinking of purchasing one to cut back on our heating bill since we won't be doing wood heat this year. Any reviews would be appreciated :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We just got one this year, and hubby's thinking about getting another one so we have one on each floor. We haven't turned on the heat yet, just used that and the wood stove. Of course, we've only had 1 really nasty day so far this fall (winter), so I don't know how well it would do w /just that when it really gets cold out.

walkaboutjacks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh I hate the smell of a few mens products...Axe is high on my list! My son used it when he lived here and it would escape from the bathroom and permiate the whole house! :sick
Good job on the shopping trip!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
walkaboutjacks said:
Oh I hate the smell of a few mens products...Axe is high on my list! My son used it when he lived here and it would escape from the bathroom and permiate the whole house! :sick
Good job on the shopping trip!
Same w/my son. And, smells trigger my Meniere's. I'm so glad I don't have to smell it any more. :sick

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
, i dont mind the smell in small doses, but i think there needs to be a time limit, you get 1 second and thats it lol!
they seem to prefer to like spray it for 30 seconds and its way too much. lol

yay for selling chickies...
woot!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
We just got one this year, and hubby's thinking about getting another one so we have one on each floor. We haven't turned on the heat yet, just used that and the wood stove. Of course, we've only had 1 really nasty day so far this fall (winter), so I don't know how well it would do w /just that when it really gets cold out.
thanks Deb :)

Hi Jamie!!!

walkaboutjacks I am donating the stinky stuff :lol: I got the least putrid ones but I couldn't pass up the BOGO. It's better than nothing, which is what some of the elderly and homeless guys would have otherwise :( My theory is it's better than nothing. I usually don't buy that though. i just couldn't believe with all the commercials and people raving about it how nasty it really smelled :sick

Pinky This is body wash, so it doesn't really leave a super strong smell behind thankfully :lol: Yes YAY for selling chickies!!! Only reason I even HAD chickies was because of a silly broody :/ had no clue they'd sell so well in the fall/winter though...seems several folks were looking for some, so I may have to break out the bator long term ;)

Church was AWESOME this morning! The Sunday School lesson was great and several of the ladies gave testimony. The sermon was great, and I have a new hat now...dunno how I got roped into it exactly, but someone told someone something about how I draw and so I'm now in charge of all of the ladies event posters :hu :lol: Okay, no biggie, just kinda suprised me. I fried chicken and fries for lunch and took the easy way out opened a can of pork & beans to go with it. It was yum!