Weather

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
windy today here but into the mid 50sF. power has flickered but not stayed off. UPS just clicks when the power fiddles around. rains last night, some snow still on the ground to melt. more snow in the forecast but not enough to stick for long at these daytime temperatures.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2 inches of snow overnight onto of a glaze of ice. Supposed to be low 30s today. Our deck was almost cleared until last night. This month is the hardest, snow melts away and we then we get more-a circle that keeps going in March.
Yep. Here March often means huge snow dumps.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we ended up with a few inches of very wet snow today. i scraped it off so the driveway could melt clear. not sure what else is heading our way. winter isn't over here until into mid-April some years and other year's i've had strawberry flowers on March 11th (that didn't turn out well because the entire state lost most of the fruit crops from a later heavy frost).

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here on my side of VA same heavy winds all day but about 10 degrees warmer. Cooling tonight and upper 50s all week...add rain.

And just wow. Living up here so long I am now astounded by all these huge weather swings you folks down south keep talking about.
And we are astounded by your snow! :lol: which stays for months!!! 🤪 ;)