Weather

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We aren't anywhere near a hillside. One of my house hunting requirements. Not in any of the valleys because of the lahar danger. Major earthquakes are a possibility but not very common. There are always small ones hardly anyone feels. Cascadia Fault going would be very bad. I may die from a tsunami from it while clam digging one day. Our house probably wouldn't get more than a small shake from it if anything depending on what other faults trigger.

Mt Rainier probably won't blow in my lifetime. The summit is 30 miles as the crow flies. It's the lahars off it that are worrisome. An earthquake could trigger one.

Taken end of our half mile long road because we have no tree breaks.
framed_by_seerisil_dbe2e9j-fullview.jpg

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL picture of Mt Rainier. We have some pretty mountains here in the Blue Ridge, but they are not as "craggy" as western mountains from all the years of eroding... western mountain ranges are "newer" than eastern mountains I've read. Still, it is nice to look out and see the peaks and valleys we have.
Never been to the west coat... it would be a nice trip to make.

Colder this morning 28, but not down to the 22 that was predicted. 50's today, then back to the mid 70's for several days... too warm for this time of year here, but why not enjoy it..... hope it doesn't hurt the fruit trees.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Colder this morning 28, but not down to the 22 that was predicted. 50's today, then back to the mid 70's for several days... too warm for this time of year here, but why not enjoy it..... hope it doesn't hurt the fruit trees.
Ditto on the fruit trees. I hope they don't get messed up.

And just wow. Living up here so long I am now astounded by all these huge weather swings you folks down south keep talking about.

I know we had them when I lived in Texas..but that was more that 20 years ago.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today around 35 and sunny, it’s beautiful! Tomorrow, 57 and rainy, staying above freezing overnight, and 46 and rainy Monday. Then Monday night it’ll all freeze.