Weather

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First tornado warning of 2020. That means my granddaughters come to visit paw paw :) because they live in a tornado magnet (a double wide).
IMG_20200302_203141.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Spring is here. I'm glad the rain slowed. The flooding last month was horrid. I'm surprised there weren't more and worse slides. We're not out of the woods on that. Spring is mudslide season here.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Spring is here. I'm glad the rain slowed. The flooding last month was horrid. I'm surprised there weren't more and worse slides. We're not out of the woods on that. Spring is mudslide season here.
Where do you live?

I'm sitting on the front porch listening to bull frogs in-between thunder. Amazing how spring just jumps up all of a sudden. It makes me want to go out back, cross the two creeks and into the Shawnee national forest, pitch a tent and start a camp fire. Relax and watch the stress of everyday living melt away.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just west of Mt Rainier. About 800 ft.

It's the Cascades disrupting clouds causing the rain to fall on this side instead of the Eastern side. Seattle is actually in the rainshadow of the Olympics. We're far enough south to be out of that so get about twice their rain amount.

The coast gets much more than we do. The coast on the west side of the Olympics is the wettest, hence Forks being the wettest city in the US as it's in a rainforest.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kind of scary considering Nashville TN ain't all that far from me.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a difference a day makes, tornado warning yesterday, today absolutely gorgeous. Kind of makes me think about life... Yes there will be storms, yes there will be calm but my Lord is always right there with me through it all.

The calm after the storm. Southern IL is a beautiful place. Notice how clear the sky is, even the air is clear. I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles.
IMG_20200303_183749.jpg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You need to enter that pic in PIC of week.

Rained all night. Bright blue skies with wind whipping the fluffy clouds across the sky by the time we got up. Absolutely gorgeous day, 44* right now, with wind whistling around the corners, and banging the insulation in the soffits. good day for drying up the snow and standing water. I have never seen such a mild winter in my life. So very thankful for it. But, even when it's warm, black ice is still a concern for morning commuters. My son hit a patch of black ice yesterday morning when taking his dtr to school. Truck landed in ditch, inches away from a nice big tree. Thankfully, they are not harmed, and truck is no worse for the wear.