Weather

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And just like that... overnight, up jumped spring.
IMG_20200304_163215389.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Frost warnings inland from Lake Erie for the three Eastern Ohio counties. High 30s here tonight. Brrrrrrr

yeah, we got frosted last night. i didn't even check the forecast yesterday because it has been so bad in accuracy that i'd likely not have believed it anyways. not that i could have done much about it with way too many gardens to cover or try to protect. i just cope with what happens and then get on with life. :)

so today i'll be picking shelly beans and getting those shelled and cooked up later if they're not spoiled outright.

everything else is pretty much done anyways.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
55 here this AM. That's pretty chilly for here -- this time of year. It does reinforce my concerns that THIS will be a troubling winter. Been mild last few, so not wanting a bad one. Going to mid 60s later & we have a couple more days of these temps. Then back to a more normal mid 70, they say.

@Hinotori if you needed rain, hope you get some. West coast could use a lot! Here we had 9" in 3 days.....wish you had had some of it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a lot of rain lately. makes a mess of things to put up gardens but they'll get done eventually or next spring. depends upon how fast the ground freezes...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hard frost last night and 2 - 3" of snow and counting today
Pretty sure we made it to 6" snow. Thats unusual for us. We rarely have snow before Halloween. I wonder if it will stick? I had DS13 bank snow around the unheated greenhouse. Mostly lettuces growing in there and I think theyre okay. DH thought they were goners when he saw the greenhouse covered with ice.