Weather

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Gale force winds, and snow squalls today. All... while... trying... to close in the duck house gable ends with clear plastic, then put on a tarp. I got the gables stapled in place, a couple laths, and clothes pins to hold the plastic to the arches. So far the clothes pins are keeping the end plastic from being shredded. Too wild to do the tarp today, but weather is supposed to be milder in the next few days.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had rain like a monsoon on Thursday, 2.6 inches. Then clearing some on Friday, Sat. Then another smaller rain of 6/10ths inch Sunday morning, WIND came in and blew like it wanted to take the roof off. 20-30 steady mph with gusts up to near 50.... COLD as blue blazes with that wind; 60 without the wind chill factored in. Still windy today and not much warmer... got down to 32 last night but wind chill was in the low 20's... today it might have hit 60 but again wind made it feel alot colder. Hoping it will moderate the next few days.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, similar here to @farmerjan ... Slightly milder but, still more wind and rain than wanted. It hard to work in it but gotta do some of it, no matter what!

They say clearer for a few days now. Good!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
37 this morning, high of 77 today. Sunny and beautiful, I’m cooking chicken breast bones for canning broth.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Note to self: When using electric equipment in heavy rain/snow, with wet ground.... Don't drop your tool on the ground, and expect it to stay dry. Next note to self... keep the plugs off the ground, and do not pull on them... step on them... do anything which will loosen the connection. I was using a staple gun... and had not yet made the aforementioned notes to self. The plug came half way undone. The wet snow/grass made a perfect opportunity for grounding out the tool.... or something. It started very loud GROWL, during which time, it turned it'self into a machine gun, discharging it's load of staples. I am thankful that I was behind it!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow! That could have turned out bad! Yet another reason why I love my cordless tools.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
and a good example of why i like manual things like a good ol hammer or shovel. :) all weather attitude adjuster too if needed...

weather here is looking great for the next week, some rains now in the forecast but the temperature holding in the 70s until next Wed or Thur. which means i should be able to get a lot more done outside. :) this is really prime time for this sort of thing too since all the gardens are harvested and most are put up for the winter already so not much needs to be done in them other than a few light scrapes here or there.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
High winds blowing through. Thunderstorms about 90 minutes ago. Scattered reports on FB of large trees down and power outages. Our power was off briefly about 10 minutes ago. Princess Pixie Poopsalot is NOT amused by the outside shenanigans

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have a front blowing in now -- really blowing at a steady 18mp -- and supposed to bring some rains but, not heavy. We will see! Cooler temps for a day, then back to upper 60 and low 70s. Good...I'm home most all week and things to do out there. Winds keeping me in today, can't do much in it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had a front come through this morning. Probably not as strong as what others are getting. We are still windy, but temps are mid 70's and will stay that way most of the week with lows in the 40's/50's. Looks like a good time to get some things done!