Weather

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You complained when we graciously sent summer to you, so we took it back! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me? Complain about Summer? Nah... I LOVE SUMMER. But I failed to.mention just how much I despise blood sucking insects that came to life all of a sudden and took me by total surprise, when you beautiful Texans sent us summer. Do it again, send summer back. I got deet 40 skeeter beater now, and a new pack of bandanas for sweat bands, I'm prepared.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the flies really seem to bite the worst right before a rain here. not too many horse flies this season, but a few are pesky enough. mosquitoes are poisoned here by the county so we don't have many of those and with the very dry spring weather we had not many flying now. in a few weeks we'll likely get more of those as the rains have picked up.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Right you are -- HAMMERED! That heat is unreal. I have a well, many animals, so my big generator is set to plug into an adapter at my meter to deal with power thru panel. I just have to turn off breakers to some things...like water heater...so I don't have several big pulls at once. But, can run large pulls, in turn, as needed. A controlled use, close to a more expensive permanent whole house units.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
W
A hand pump only works on a well less than 250 feet, a Bison hand pump is a quality pump. Drawing the water up from a deeper well is an extremely laborious upper body task.
we wanted a manual pump for our well, but it turned out our casing is small; we would have to remove the electric pump in order to insert the manual pump. Instead, we went with a dual power pump (grid/solar). It's not super powerful, but we manage. It's nice to get the "free" water in the middle of the day. If we experienced a power outage, I would fill several large containers with water each day for use when the sun isn't shining. We experience something like 320 days of sunshine on average, so this works for us. I don't think it would be that useful in England though, lol.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They sure are. Now I'm counting my spare change to see if we can afford some more double paned windows; something I've been wanting for at least 10 years now, but there was always something more important to budget for (like our big fence, which took 3 years of saving to accomplish)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So... Here we are again. Anyone care to guess the number of pinocchio's this time? 😂
Screenshot_20210706-210759~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸