Weather

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lovely today, high cloud cover keeping the bright sun out are the best summer days. About 38C out there but its grey, not bright blue, so totally bearable.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Feels like autumn here already. Lovely cloud cover and temps in the mid 20's. Its great garden working weather! Heaps of flowers, fruit and veggies going well :)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cold rain here, balmy 41*. I let the ducks out to slurp mud in the path between their house/yard and chicken coop. All is a mud slurry. Ducks are happy. Chicken coop door open for some fresh air, tossed some scratch grain in the deep bedding so they could stir it up and clean the mud off their feet. Eggs are gonna be a mess today!

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yes, he is still around and continues to contribute his skill and his voice with this concern you are laughing at.
I am thankful for that.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Of rain?

Or hail, snow sleet.... frogs? :old
Now, you being from "the north"... I would suspect that you suspect what it will be!!! :yuckyuck :old Snow. For sure. But, I suspect the prediction is blown way out of proportion. Right now, we're getting rain, and thunder. Ducks have been chasing me around all day long, telling me that they are staaaarrrrrvvvviiiiiinnnnnnnnggg. I have not been listening very well, cause they have a whole yard of goodies to clean up. They line up and march from one end of the yard to the other, hoovering everything in their path!

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Snow expected up the hill this weekend! Currently 21C/70F here now but it will drop tomorrow. Its unlikely to snow where I am but we get occasionally some floaty flecks of ice rain that never seem to land. I do hope for some wet rain or I am gona have to water.

Might start the fire tonight while the fireplace is on the warmer side. My neighbour never came through with the firewood and he's nicked off to the city for the weekend. I have some pallets to burn so it'll be fine. Its such a luxury having the fire on, but I do wonder if I am spoiling myself a bit with it at times. I try not to use it unless it will be under 5C overnight for a few days in a row. Other people in town put theirs on as soon as its a degree under 20C.. so I duno where the reasonable line is to justify using heating.

The bunnies want the fire on every night, they love lounging in front of it and get quite bossy for cuddles if I dont put it on.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My line in the sand is don't let the pipes burst. ;)

But I am getting colder the older I get.

We have all heat off now... but with blowing wind, rain and highs of 41.... I am wearing socks, a hat, and my super thick fleece robe over clothes.

Brrrr