Weather

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well well now, look what Texas is sending up with LOVE - SUMMER ❣️
View attachment 16111

I LOVE SUMMER - Thank you all you beautiful Texans :)

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
You are welcome. We got LOTS of summer, we can't be selfish and keep it all to ourselves!

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Winter is here!

Light frost last night, expect it very light again for the next week. Just enough to burn the soft grasses and weeds but not really damage my beans.

The days are over 10C so its really not "cold" , totally fine at night with the fire on. I always fear the 0C overnight temps cos the first year that I lived here, I was sleeping on the floor and it was COLD. I hadnt yet gor a winter wardrobe at that time either, my sunny summer clothes were no match for the inland cold. But now i have a bed and firewood and warm crocheted clothes and feel truly blessed to be in this place.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Winter is here!

Light frost last night, expect it very light again for the next week. Just enough to burn the soft grasses and weeds but not really damage my beans.

The days are over 10C so its really not "cold" , totally fine at night with the fire on. I always fear the 0C overnight temps cos the first year that I lived here, I was sleeping on the floor and it was COLD. I hadnt yet gor a winter wardrobe at that time either, my sunny summer clothes were no match for the inland cold. But now i have a bed and firewood and warm crocheted clothes and feel truly blessed to be in this place.
Yes, proper clothes make a world of difference.

A good hat is especially important.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Winter is here!

Well summer is here it's 91F ~ 33C and that big orange ball in the sky is unobstructed. Complete with the first official heat advisory.

But ofcourse... I did exactly the opposite of Ecclesiastes 11:6 and replaced my starter on my truck in the cool of the morning and tilled and sowed a 40'x50' ~ 12Mx15M block of corn, in the heat of the afternoon. I started getting dizzy and sick to my stomach, that was my sign to take a break and get some water. Some people ---> (ME) <--- never learn.

Ecclesiastes 11:6 (NLT)
Plant your seed in the morning and keep busy all afternoon, for you don’t know if profit will come from one activity or another—or maybe both.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are welcome. We got LOTS of summer, we can't be selfish and keep it all to ourselves!
Hey you Texans bring back summer already. it's supposed to hit 52 overnight. I had to break out the sweatshirt again 🙂 boo, hiss and all those negative sounds 🤣

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey you Texans bring back summer already. it's supposed to hit 52 overnight. I had to break out the sweatshirt again 🙂 boo, hiss and all those negative sounds 🤣

You complained when we graciously sent summer to you, so we took it back! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You complained when we graciously sent summer to you, so we took it back! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me? Complain about Summer? Nah... I LOVE SUMMER. But I failed to.mention just how much I despise blood sucking insects that came to life all of a sudden and took me by total surprise, when you beautiful Texans sent us summer. Do it again, send summer back. I got deet 40 skeeter beater now, and a new pack of bandanas for sweat bands, I'm prepared.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m fighting clouds of gnats and biting flies. I’ll send summer back—and the durned gnats and flies too!