Weather

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Flies are BAD. So far, skeeters not as much as usual but, we've been really dry. Got a nice rain yesterday afternoon and a cool down. 66 this morning, smells clean, all wet out there. Got a little over 1.5" of a good steady rain for a few hours. It was the kind you can sit on the porch and watch, dozing to the rhythm 🙃. Really needed the rain. It soaked right in. My pastures are smiling ... Goats, not so much. 😁

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the flies really seem to bite the worst right before a rain here. not too many horse flies this season, but a few are pesky enough. mosquitoes are poisoned here by the county so we don't have many of those and with the very dry spring weather we had not many flying now. in a few weeks we'll likely get more of those as the rains have picked up.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fan aisle at Walmart is empty. I've seen bread aisles with more in them before a hurricane.

That's what happens when you live in a place that doesn't usually get hot and where most houses and apartments don't have AC.

Then the idiots go to the many Glacier Fed rivers and lakes without taking life vest precautions and drown after going into shock. That happens several times every summer. Hotter the weather, more that happen.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are short-lived beings (even if somewhat longer than most of the other creatures here) and we have a tendency to believe that what we were experiencing in our youth was the way things always were. Just in my life I have read that because we had several years of colder winters we were heading for an ice age within 50 years (didn't happen, did it?) and that the ozone layer was disappearing because a hole had appeared over Australia (turned out that was a fairly regular occurrence).
We may be moving into a warming trend, but I still think that the idea that it is being caused by humans is sheer hubris. Do you REALLY think we have the power to destroy God's Creation? The magnetic poles are moving, as they have moved before in the life of this planet, and one of the side effects of that is severe climactic changes.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Totally agreed, @Britesea . Yes, climate change/swings are normal events. Here in Maine, it's been extremely breezy here. Much more than it's ever been before. And, it's been this way for 3 years. The winter wind patterns have also shifted. ALWAYS used to come out of the West. Now, we often see winter winds from the South. And, it's been much warmer. To all the gloom and doom "the world is ending b/c humans have caused an ice age or global warming" folks, I say HOGWASH. But, I will say this: MY GOD is in control of such things. AND, HE is using weather/climate shifts to orchestrate signs of the end of the current age of grace. It's written, we see the signs, and God's prophecies are never wrong. Could I be misinterpreting the time line? Surely! But, I believe that climate, increased volcanic and earth quake activity, drought and floods are signs to be heeded. World wide panic over the covid plandemic, with resulting world wide push for vaccination, as well as the technology for tracking movement of every individual and even now microchipping of individuals for identity and move towards a cashless society are playing right into the prophecies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Normal temp should be mid to high 70s this time of year. Highs were 60s a week and a half ago. Sudden jumps are bad. Note that 30 day low temp. Peak temp will be around 5 this afternoon.
20210626_112739.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We hit 109 around 530pm.

Power went out around then too. Bad time for it. Huge area without. It's supposed to be back in about an hour from now which would be 8 hours off. There was an accident that took out a pole, and maybe dropped a tree onto the lines as well.

This meant we also lost phone internet. We do have books at least.

Nothing motivates me more than heat. I had the generator going and lines hooked to AC and lights within 10 minutes.