Weather

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We woke up to sleet yesterday, go to 26* last night and going to be a sunny weekend, then back to rain.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Slamming hard rains with 35mph winds forcing it. It's howling out there!! Just behind this big old cloud, I see blue skies and sunshine 2 miles out...…..AMAZING....winds will continue, they say but, looks like this band of showers will clear in a few minutes. It's like flippiing a light switch. :idunno

We've had over 3" of rain in last 24 hr. Heavy winds. And more rain coming Mon thru Wed...not as much but -- NO!

25-30 miles from me, big damage and power outages in NC. Schools closed, roads out, etc.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Freezing rain today. I should have had cleats on my boots when I went out. Will put them on for next excursion. A gentle freezing rain falling. And, it's beautiful out, in a grey, overcast/cold and wet sort of way. The ice/water is puddling in the dips of yesterday's snow, creating a fantastic array of whites/blues/grey across the landscape. I was able to knock the ice off the flock's sunroof, and cleave the ice off the ground between pop door and covered/leaf mulched area where I feed them. So... they are all out, happily shuffling through their leaf pile, enjoying their cat kibble laced FF and a tray of barley sprouts. 3 eggs today. 4 day average: 2 eggs/day. We're on a roll!!!

I'm oh so thankful for a warm fire to come in to!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We are supposed to get our winter storm on Sunday - 4" predicted. According to the weatherman, there is a very faint possibility of 1/2" total from scattered flurries today also.

I am thankful for our pellet stove also. So nice to snuggle up on the couch and read a book in front of the fire.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Made it to work and back. The ice coating was pretty this morning. No issues driving.

Drive home was a little slow. 3-4 inches on the ground, 1-3 coming overnight. Not sure where the lake effect snow bands will set up

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
20200207_201223.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sunny and warm today, will be rainy and cold all week