Weather

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We need rain. We've been abnormally dry and I'm worried we'll have drought this year. The water level of the pond here is already at July level.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Of rain?

Or hail, snow sleet.... frogs? :old
Now, you being from "the north"... I would suspect that you suspect what it will be!!! :yuckyuck :old Snow. For sure. But, I suspect the prediction is blown way out of proportion. Right now, we're getting rain, and thunder. Ducks have been chasing me around all day long, telling me that they are staaaarrrrrvvvviiiiiinnnnnnnnggg. I have not been listening very well, cause they have a whole yard of goodies to clean up. They line up and march from one end of the yard to the other, hoovering everything in their path!

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Blazing sun but really cold, I just don't understand it. We could do with some rain our little river is dry.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're already getting forest fires here, and it's only April! CERT got called out to help with one at the north end of Klamath County. They got really worried when it jumped the river, but in the end they managed to stop it at only about 30 acres.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hard frost here last night. still some nights near freezing the next four days. then perhaps warming up enough to get peas planted. we'll see...

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We've had a couple small ones here as well. Normally we don't get those until end of July at the earliest.
We follow a site called Monkey Werx. He usually posts a national weather map of fire activity. He states, "This fire activity is wider spread, encompassing much more of the country, and earlier than I've ever seen it." If the current drought pattern is not relieved, I'm predicting we are lining up for a year of fire activity, the likes of which we've not yet seen.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hopefully the fire season will pass me by...

We had two or maybe three years of thousands of acres burning.... it was impressive and bad.

But I am hoping that enough got burnt, that there is now less forest fuel... and we sure got enough snow this year... so that will also help.

:fl

Now though.... I think I actually heard some rain last night! First rain if the year! And AT NIGHT! Which means we were above freezing for our low!

Very exciting.

Still lots of snow on the parking lot and driveway, and of course feet of snow everywhere else... but it is reducing!!

:weee

Latest posts