Weather

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had little flecks of ice and snow falling over the weekend :D hardly enough to call it "snow" but its always a delight for me to see. It stuck up the hill, people drove for hours and hiked through the night to make a snowman less than a foot high, haha.

Some of the rain was fiercely heavy. A quarter of my block has been underwater since last week. The ducks are loving it. Im not sure how it is going to drain off, I have never seen it this wet here. It does go to show how much building up the soil around the house has helped. There is no flooding near the house, its all in the corner I haven't worked much on yet. The grass is going wild and I cant wait to get out and whippersnip once it dries off a bit.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've had a couple of light rains the last few days. Not enough to really make a difference with the fires, but maybe the trend will continue :fl

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Back to sunny here...

I am panicked though... no idea what second summer will be over and winter will hit.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And they say August is HOT! Pfft... as if. What happened Tex, ya'll turn on the air conditioner or what? What's with the sweat shirt weather?

Screenshot_20210802-214957.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Getting more than my share of rain. My farm is high but area not far are having spots of roads flooding for short time. More coming all this week. I'd love to share!

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We are dry, and there are farmers that are really looking at problems down the road.... corn tasseling at 3 ft high and no rain is meaning that there won't being any ears on the short stunted stalks.... Pastures are dry, grasses actually burning up some places. Rain is spotty.... You take it as it comes and do the best you can.
We are not getting any growth in the hayfields... 2nd cutting is looking very bad.... had 2/3 normal first cutting....