WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I saved this recipe a while back but have not had the opportunity to try, sounds interesting!
Cafe Syrup
# 2 cups sugar
# 1 dash salt
# 1 cup hot coffee
# 1 teaspoon maple flavoring (or vanilla extract with 1/2 t. cinnamon)

1. 1 Bring sugar, coffee and salt to a boil- (cinnamon also if going the vanilla route) Boil for exactly 1 minute-any longer and you will have crystals when it cools.
2. 2 Stir in maple flavoring or vanilla-serve warm or cool.

Let me know how you like it if you try it ;)

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
I saved this recipe a while back but have not had the opportunity to try, sounds interesting!
Cafe Syrup
# 2 cups sugar
# 1 dash salt
# 1 cup hot coffee
# 1 teaspoon maple flavoring (or vanilla extract with 1/2 t. cinnamon)

1. 1 Bring sugar, coffee and salt to a boil- (cinnamon also if going the vanilla route) Boil for exactly 1 minute-any longer and you will have crystals when it cools.
2. 2 Stir in maple flavoring or vanilla-serve warm or cool.

Let me know how you like it if you try it ;)
I have made syrup with sugar/water/maple flavoring. Putting coffee in it sounds interesting. I'm going to try that next time.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I tend to save tons of recipes I could use, but I rarely cook pancakes or breads for that matter anymore because of food allergies. MUCH to my dismay because I love those types of goodies :he

hunterjumper999

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I did 9 quarts of pickled okra, 2 gallons of blanched okra ( freezer) 1 gallon of pink eyes ( freezer) 2 gallons Roma tomatoes ( freezer) and 1 gallon watermelon puree.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Panther Creek Homestead said:
Beans, beans, beans and did I mention beans. Had a friend that picked up 4 bushel at the produce auction and I am up to my eyeballs in them.

Sheila
I'm in the same boat! However, I think I finished up the last of mine today. I canned 21 pints of beans, then 9 pints of corn. Tomorrow is farmer's market then I'll be canning tomatoes all week, along with making pickles.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hunterjumper999 said:
I did 9 quarts of pickled okra, 2 gallons of blanched okra ( freezer) 1 gallon of pink eyes ( freezer) 2 gallons Roma tomatoes ( freezer) and 1 gallon watermelon puree.
How do you use watermelon puree?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Skr8pn you use the cinnamon in your pears?? That sounds interesting, I'll have to try it. 24 qrts of beans?? Wow, great job. :thumbsup
Yup, Apple juice with one cinnamon stick, and the pears are fantastic!!

390097448.jpg

We also canned 24 PINTS of green beans today. I have no idea WHY The Wifehad me plant 2 more rows. :ep