WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

smackiesmommy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ok I have a question and it may be a stupid one but I am new to all of this. I make Brunswick stew pretty often...I was wondering if I can Can it to put back for later insted of having to pull out the crock pot all the time. Does anyone know how?

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Depends... If it's really really thick, it's not suitable for preservation in jars. But you can always can it and thicken it later. You could throw in raw meat chunks, beans, etc, then shread the meat and smash a few beans when you re-heat it.

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Canned some deer meat from the freezer to make more room and some chilli as well.
dsp_img_9983.jpg

Greybear23

Power Conserver
Reaction score
kimnkell said:
Canned some deer meat from the freezer to make more room and some chilli as well.
http://img4.sellersourcebook.com/users/59163/dsp_img_9983.jpg
Hi, I was just about to ask this question!!! How do I can Chili??? And here you have done it! I have not been on in a while, I live in Oklahoma, could you be so kind as to explain how I can go about canning my home made Chili!!! With and without beans please! Thank you so much!!! Lynn :cool:

Greybear23

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have another question for all you that can a lot! How do I go about canning some eggs???? Like pickled, dilled, sweet, bread and butter, garlic, sweet and sour, hot pickled eggs and such, I would more than welcome recipes and suggestions as to shelf life preference of taste and anything else you can suggest on the topic! Thanks so much!!! Lynn :cool:

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Greybear23 said:
kimnkell said:
http://img4.sellersourcebook.com/users/59163/dsp_img_9983.jpg
Hi, I was just about to ask this question!!! How do I can Chili??? And here you have done it! I have not been on in a while, I live in Oklahoma, could you be so kind as to explain how I can go about canning my home made Chili!!! With and without beans please! Thank you so much!!! Lynn :cool:
Canning chili without beans is easier than canning chili with beans--just make up your usual recipe and process at the correct pressure for your altitude for 75 minutes (pints) or 90 minutes (quarts). If you add beans, leave it watery and undercook the beans--they'll expand and suck up the extra juice in the jar.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Greybear23 said:
I have another question for all you that can a lot! How do I go about canning some eggs???? Like pickled, dilled, sweet, bread and butter, garlic, sweet and sour, hot pickled eggs and such, I would more than welcome recipes and suggestions as to shelf life preference of taste and anything else you can suggest on the topic! Thanks so much!!! Lynn :cool:
Pickled eggs usually aren't canned, no idea on the rest, sorry.

Latest posts